A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety & Environmental Engineer / Officer at a Leicester based world leading engineering manufacturer and design company within the automotive industry.
The HS&E Engineer / Officer will proactively work alongside the team to continually improve, develop and maintain Health, Safety & Environmental standards, risk assessments, safe working instructions and compliance throughout the division.
- Provides health and safety measures in a working environment
- Complete risk assessments and safe systems
- Conduct and report on management walk-around and audits
- Ensures that COVID-19 measures and procedures are constantly adhered to
- Monitor implementation of safety plans according to plans and objectives
- Identify and evaluate areas of improvement
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment
- Monitor and track safety systems by using computer systems and spreadsheets
- Conduct accident investigations and follow-up root cause analysis
- Conduct and chair sub-committee and management meetings
- Conduct inductions, training and workshops
- Support on policies, procedures, bulletins and safety briefings / communication
- Complete health, safety and environmental reports as and when required
Experience & Requirements:
- NEBOSH General Certificate is essential
- At least 5 years in a Health & Safety role
- ISO 14001 environmental management system experience
- Manufacturing/Engineering background would be advantageous
- Ability to manage and control all types of health and safety issues
- Ability to research and apply the best industrial and working practices to provide effective services
- Abreast with new changes in laws and regulations
- Ability to provide and implement plans, objectives and standards timely
Working hours are Monday - Friday 08:30 to 17:00 with a 1 hour break (37.50 hours per week).
Salary for this role is £35,000
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Dimensional Laboratory Calibration Engineer
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £20000 - £25000 per annum
- 17 days ago
Our client is a highly reputable and established calibration and repair service company supporting engineering clients in a variety of sectors. Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a permanent Dimensional Laboratory Calibration Engineer, based from their Leicester he... Read More