My Client is a leading European Packaging Company and requires a Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator to join their expanding business.
Reporting the Head of HSE, the successful candidate will be based in Burnley. The role entails:
- Being responsible for the maintenance, coordination and development of the Health, Safety and Environment culture and administration system requirements of the Clients UK Flexibles Division, providing occupational health and safety professional support to all levels of staff, advising all management teams, employees, volunteers and contractors.
- To maintain and improve performance through the implementation of the health, safety, and environmental management systems, including ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and other current standards and legislation.
- Working with HR to develop an appropriate supporting workplace well being programme.
- Work with a cheerful, positive and flexible outlook, supporting the UK Flex Head of HS&E, site management and safety representative teams prioritise the workload to ensure that statutory, legal, training and other related areas of compliance are kept up to date through the continual improvement of Health, Safety and Environmental standards across the division as appropriate in order to achieve and exceed our Group objectives.
- To achieve KPIs set by the UK Flex Head of HS&E and the Group Sustainability Agenda.
- The coordination, maintenance and administration of Health and Safety documentation.
- Carry out Risk Assessments and give guidance to others on the completion of Risk Assessments.
- Development and production of Safe Systems of Work.
- Understanding and advising on current H&S legislation, guidance, and best practise.
- Maintain and manage divisional corporate compliance safety requirements.
- Assist Site and Departmental Managers in audits.
- Help drive and maintain the continual improvement of employee health, safety, and welfare as well as environmental management and sustainability through communication, promotion, and development.
- Assist Management with responsibility for Safety matters in the safety administration of their responsibilities.
- Work closely with the Engineering Departments to ensure compliance requirements are being controlled, documented and maintained in accordance with regulations and guidelines.
- To provide the necessary support for the Division, for liaison with clients, authorities, subcontractors and other relevant third parties on Safety issues.
- To provide support in investigations of incidents/accidents and breaches of compliance.
- To maintain, monitor and publish safety statistics for the Division.
- Delivering appropriate internal health, safety, and environmental training.
Strategic Input and Business Improvement
- Identify and recommend new ways of working which will benefit the Client.
- Deliver and maintain the health, safety, and environmental programme to embed and drive a positive safety culture across the business as well as ensuring the timely delivery of associated underpinning health, safety, environment and sustainability management action plans and operational programmes.
Relationship Management (Internal and External)
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business (and where applicable clients, contractors, authorities and third parties).
Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) essential
- Engineering qualifications / background preferred
- Environmental qualification preferred (but not essential as training will be given to the right candidate).
- Experience in the management of health, safety, and environmental systems.
- Experienced in preparing and delivering training and presentations to employees at all levels of the business.
Experience of working in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous. Please send CV's in the first instance to email@example.com
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.