Health and Safety Manager
My client is one of the largest manufacturers of RTE products and supplies to both retailers and foodservice options across the UK. They are currently looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to work within one of their sites based near Kettering, Northamptonshire.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading the Health and Safety agenda across this site and will be part of the senior leadership team. You will ensure the site complies, at all times, with all relevant legislations and auditing standards (ISO 45001 & ISO 14001)
The Role: -
- Define, develop and execute a robust HSE strategy for the site; ensure that this strategy and all related initiatives are adequately communicated to all stakeholders to ensure it can be delivered in a collaborative manner:
- Ensure that the site complies, with all relevant legislations, auditing standards and internal Group standards
- Ensuring that the H&S Management Operating Systems are accurately maintained and managed
- Controlling Budgets and 3rd party suppliers
- Manage the execution of all key HSE activities, in particular:
- Driving behavioural and cultural change on site, to develop a culture where acting safely and being environmentally responsible are not afterthoughts but a way of life. This includes:
- Mentoring site personnel to improve their knowledge of HSE matters and their skills in managing key aspects of the HSMS
- Extensive experience as HSE Manager in Food Manufacturing
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management or IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management preferred
- Auditing qualification would be advantageous
- Functional HSE skills:
- Sound knowledge of the UK HSE regulatory framework, including specific frameworks applicable to industrial/manufacturing environments
- Extensive knowledge of ISO45001 & ISO14001 auditing standards
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of RCA tools & processes.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to successfully communicate at all levels of the organisation, from Senior Leadership Team to Shopfloor staff, on both vision and practical aspects of HSE
Ideal candidates must have previous experience within a high-risk food manufacturing environment. This position would ideally suit someone with a track record of developing harmonious teams through strong people management.
This is a really exciting time to be joining this site, in 2020 they overachieved on their pre COVID strategy and have strong expansion plans covering new product sectors and an increased manufacturing footprint
If you are interested in the role of Health and Safety Manager, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Care centre manager
- Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- Up to £21283 per annum
- 17 days ago
We are actively seeking a Care Centre Manager to work on a full time basis at a nationwide known pharmeceutical company based in Harrogate. This is a full time role working 9:00 am until 17:00 pm Monday to Friday. Experience is required but the company is interested in a candidate with ... Read More
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £30000 - £40000 per annum
- 25 days ago
My client is one of the largest manufacturers of Ready to Eat food products and supplies to both retailers and foodservice options across the UK. They are currently looking to recruit an Information Technology Manager which will be based in Corby with responsibilities for their 3 sites ... Read More
- Leicestershire, England
- £30000 - £31000 per annum
- 22 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Shift Manager to join an established FMCG food manufacturing business in the Leicestershire area. This is a truly exciting time to join the business, which is currently undergoing a period of very positive change and growth. They are... Read More