A exciting opportunity has become available for a Health & Safety Co-ordinator to join one of the largest manufacturers of RTE products that supplies to both retailers and foodservice options across the UK. The role is based in Northamptonshire, on a full-time permanent basis.
- Reviewing, writing, and updating Safe Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments
- Delivering training within level of competence,
- Carrying out audits and writing reports on outcomes,
- Reviewing accidents and near miss reports and ensuring data is held in the correct spreadsheets,
- Assisting with external visits from regulators, external auditors, and suppliers
- Carrying out informal safety walks of the lines on a regular basis,
- Ensuring PPE levels are maintained, and issue of PPE is recorded,
- Manage accident investigations to ensure "root cause" is established and recommendations to prevent similar accidents are identified.
- Maintaining the HS&E management system,
- Identify and implement sustainable recommendations for improving safety on site
- Be proactive and effective in ensuring people follow safe working procedures
- Support in driving actions raised during Health and Safety meetings and logging
- Carrying out any related task requested by the H&S manager that falls within level of competence.
- Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality
- You will have a coaching style and will enable you to work with or teams to implement Health & Safety requirements across the sites
- Its vitally important that you engage with our teams to understand the importance of Health, Safety and Environmental obligations and that you become an expert on site.
- Able to communicate well with both shop floor and senior stakeholders alike.
- Collaborating and obtaining buy in from all levels when producing or amending all site Health and Safety documentation.
- Set own high-quality standards, e.g., attention to detail Demonstrate a passion for Health, Safety, and Environment
- Analytical skills to interpret detailed information and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Possess a recognised Health and Safety qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation Proven experience of working in Health & Safety ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in driving changes and improvements
The working hours are 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday, from 8am and 5.30pm however their is certain degree of flexibility with start and finishing times.
The Salary for this position is £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience