Head of Strategic Specification - Structural Building Component Manufacturer - Leeds - £50K-55K +Car Allowance, Annual Bonus, Pension, Onsite Gym, Continual Development, 23 days holiday + stats increasing with service, Free parking, Cycle to work scheme,
A market leading manufacturer and designer of structural building components with over 35 years in the construction manufacturing industry
This is a newly created role within a company who are a market leading provider of structural building components. You will have a unique opportunity to help determine and implement a specification strategy for their current award-winning product range. Your appointment will coincide with the development of a truly revolutionary new product to be brought to market in 2022 that will cement their position as a true innovator and market leader
As Head of Strategic Specification, you will be:
- Required to engage in dialogue with the leading regulatory bodies
- Have a solid understanding of the upcoming changes in building regulations and current government strategy, such as climate targets and other upcoming challenges facing the construction industry.
- Regular communication and attendance of meetings with key industry organisations to drive higher standards of product development and testing to exceed industry codes of practice.
- Develop and implement a digital platform to Identify, track and secure specifications with key architectural practices within the UK.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to architects in order to develop a close, long-term relationship that ensures the continued specifications.
- Target key architectural practices whilst working with senior decision makers to highlight and help eliminate risk to individuals, clients and project delivery times when specifying product solutions.
- Produce application & system led solutions, to architects and engineers to ensure the products and systems are used correctly within their specific requirements.
- Monitoring of on-site construction in conjunction with the contractor to provide advice, solutions & specification compliance.
- Provide solutions to design problems that fully comply with accepted standards and the industry codes of practice.
- Provide market knowledge to the team and customer base clients in order to increase business.
- Demonstrate added value to both ends of the supply chain and work with their business development to ensure best compliance and future SCA retention.
You will be an experienced Specifications Professional with:
- Key Product Knowledge
- Ideally a University Degree level in a relevant field or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Business Appreciation / Market Awareness
- Knowledge of CI (continuous integration)
- Committed to achieving the identified objectives
- Forward thinking
- Team worker
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage own workload
- Customer Focus
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary positions.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call on 07808628040 or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Derbyshire, England
- Up to £36000 per annum + + Excellent Package
- 30 days ago
Building Surveyor - Derbyshire - £36K + Car Allowance, Pension scheme offering competitive contributions, Generous leave entitlement, Flexible working scheme, Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus, Subsidised travel: including rail travel and cycle to ... Read More
- Derby, Derbyshire
- Up to £65000 per annum + + Car Allowance and Package
- 9 days ago
Contracts Manager - Commercial Construction - Derby - up to £65K + Car/Allowances, Bonus, and package Company A forward-thinking company with over 30 years' experience in new build and refurbishments within Industrial, Commercial, Education and Health Care sectors. Job Role As the Contr... Read More