One of the leading providers in the last-mile parcel delivery network has an opportunity for a Head of Fleet to be based at one of their sites in Peterborough.
The successful candidate will streamline routes with drivers and keep costs down. You will deliver excellent service across the customer base. The Head of Fleet will be responsible for meeting regularly with the drivers, dispatchers and maintenance team members to discuss ways to meet or exceed corporate revenue goals.
- Offer strong leadership to self-employed drivers and internal fleet team on the best ways to maximise their earnings while delivering a high level of customer services.
- Ensure that all drivers and team understand and procure the licenses and permits they need to legally carry loads to customer destinations.
- Collaborate with internal and external stake holders to add quality employee drivers and contracted drivers to the fleet.
- Work closely with the maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance.
- Ensure that all load paperwork associated with each run is accurate and submitted to the proper people.
- KPI management.
- Ensure robust agreements and service levels are in place for any outsourced work.
- Investigate all accidents thoroughly, implementing corrective actions where required.
- Hold regular review meetings with all suppliers to examine performance against agreed targets.
- Excellent team leadership.
- Commercial acumen.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Planning and organising.
- You will be dynamic and offer entrepreneurial qualities.
- Ability to hit ground the running.
- Background in last-mile parcel or courier deliveries is essential.
- Possessing a CPC qualification will be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate will be based at their site based in Peterborough.
It is essential that you possess experience in last-mile courier/parcel delivery.
Salary for this opportunity is £40k-£50k, depending on experience. The package is likely to be including company car or allowance, pension and other excellent benefits.
As Head of Fleet you will be required to be responsible for any emergency weekend customer demand, this can be done remotely from your home.
You will be working Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Logistics Contracts Manager
- Northamptonshire, England
- £43000 - £47000 per annum
- 14 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced logistics Contracts Manager to join a world-class distribution business on a full-time, permanent basis in the Northamptonshire region. This is a truly exciting time to join the company, recognised as a top 10 global logistics provid... Read More
Warehouse Shift Manager
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Up to £11.20 per hour
- 29 days ago
You will be working in their large warehouse, which is a fast paced 24 - hour operation so you will be expected to make quick operational decisions and use your initiative. Drawing on your previous management experience in a similar role, you will use your extensive operational knowledg... Read More
Depot Onsite Manager
- Norwich, Norfolk
- £28000 - £30000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 11 days ago
A successful UK parcel delivery business have fantastic opportunities for experienced Onsite Managers to join the operation at their Norwich and Ipswich These are a key appointments for the organisation and a genuine chance to make a real mark on the success of the Depot. The company th... Read More
Warehouse Operations Manager
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £45000 - £55000 per annum + plus bonus and other company benefits
- 23 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Warehouse Operations Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby, Northamptonshire. This is a ... Read More
Supply Chain Manager
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £30000 - £35000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- 7 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join a hugely successful specialist electrical component distribution business on a full time basis at their state of the art facility in Milton Keynes. As Supply Chain Manager, you will liaise directly with each major... Read More