One of the leading providers in the last-mile parcel delivery network has an opportunity for a Head of Fleet to be based at one of their sites in Peterborough.
The successful candidate will streamline routes with drivers and keep costs down. You will deliver excellent service across the customer base. The Head of Fleet will be responsible for meeting regularly with the drivers, dispatchers and maintenance team members to discuss ways to meet or exceed corporate revenue goals.
· Offer strong leadership to self-employed drivers and internal fleet team on the best ways to maximise their earnings while delivering a high level of customer services.
· Ensure that all drivers and team understand and procure the licenses and permits they need to legally carry loads to customer destinations.
· Collaborate with internal and external stake holders to add quality employee drivers and contracted drivers to the fleet.
· Work closely with the maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance.
· Ensure that all load paperwork associated with each run is accurate and submitted to the proper people.
· Ensure robust agreements and service levels are in place for any outsourced work.
· Investigate all accidents thoroughly, implementing corrective actions where required.
· Hold regular review meetings with all suppliers to examine performance against agreed targets.
· Excellent team leadership.
· Commercial acumen.
· Strong and effective communication skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Planning and organising.
· You will be dynamic and offer entrepreneurial qualities.
· Ability to hit ground the running.
· Background in last-mile parcel or courier deliveries is essential.
· Possessing a CPC qualification will be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate will be based at their site based in Peterborough.
Salary for this opportunity is £40k-£50k, depending on experience. The package is likely to be including company car or allowance, pension and other excellent benefits.
Please call Jason Smith 0116 2047654 firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Derby, Derbyshire
- Up to £10.00 per hour
- 9 days ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for container unloaders for one of our clients based in Castle Donnington, DE74 area. Working Monday to Friday - start times between 07.00 - 09.00 - 18:00 PM You will be unloading containers, picking up boxes of 10kg and moving them into different co... Read More
HGV CLASS 2 DRIVER
- Reading, Berkshire
- £11.80 - £13.50 per hour
- 26 days ago
Barker Ross are looking for HGV Class 2 drivers in Padworth RG7. You will be working for a waste management company. The working rota is Monday - Friday 06:00 - 14:30. The main purpose of the role is collections of waste and transferring it to different sites. The role is at least 3 mon... Read More
HGV 2 DRIVER
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Up to £12.00 per hour
- 3 days ago
Barkerross is curently looking for HGV 2 driver for our client based on the outskirts of Peterborough. Immeadiate start Ongoing Work Monday to Friday Day shift PAYE 12.00 p/h Press apply interested or call Sandra on 07824 016229 #weareBRG This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Bar... Read More
HGV 1/2 drivers
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- £11.00 - £16.50 per hour
- 23 days ago
We are currently looking for HGV 1 and 2 drivers in Peterborough and surrounding area. Day and Night shifts available Term to perm positions Competitive rates of pay from £11.00p/h - £16.50 p/h For more information please call Sandra on 07824 016229 or press Apply and I will be in touch... Read More
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £9.71 per hour
- about 21 hours ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for Warehouse Operatives in Nottingham. As a Warehouse Operative you will be responsible for: Picking and packaging goods Scanning items Using pallet/pump trucks and completion of any associated paperwork Relocating stock Adhering to site Health and ... Read More