A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their expertise and experience as Group Health and Safety Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL and Distribution.
What our client needs from you as their Group Health & Safety Manager?
- At least 3 years' experience in a Health and Safety Management role with indirect management experience in a similar environment (Logistics and Supply Chain).
- Chartered member of IOSH (CIOSH) or equivalent.
- In-depth understanding of essential/relevant UK Health and Safety legislation.
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with significant H&S Management experience.
- Credibility, influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
- Embraces and drives change.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team.
- Ability to design and deliver training sessions both on a one-on-one basis and for larger groups.
- Must be results orientated and tenacious.
- Ability to demonstrate a record of driving significant change through an operation.
- Ability to self-prioritise workload.
- Flexibility to provide a service to all shift patterns, as and when the role/situation dictates.
- A full driving licence.
The key responsibilities of our Group Health & Safety Manager:
- Develop and drive initiatives to deliver a Zero Harm culture.
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance on all Health and Safety matters to all stakeholders.
- Create and provide strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce Health & Safety risk.
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for Health & Safety statistics.
- Provide management information and statistics.
- Drive a behavioural safety culture change programme across the operations function.
- Implement and review company safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are met.
- Engage with all operations teams to ensure adherence to Health and Safety policies and activity.
- Determine the strategic direction and work priorities for the continuous improvement of the management programme.
- Provide support and expertise to line management in incident and accident investigations.
- Contribute towards establishing and maintaining a programme of continuous improvement.
Salary for this opportunity is c£50k plus pension and other company benefits.
You must be flexible to travel between company sites, though the main base of this role will be within West Yorkshire.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sales and Marketing Manager (Logistics)
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £25000 - £30000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 21 days ago
Barker Ross is supporting a reputable logistics provider specialising in contract packing who are recruiting for a Sales and Marketing Manager based in the LE7 (Syston) area of Leicester. Job Purpose: To identify new sales opportunities with new clients and existing clients where requir... Read More
Warehouse Team Manager
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £28000 - £30000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 7 days ago
A great opportunity has become available for a Warehouse Team Manager to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Sheffield. This is a truly an exciting time to join a company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL ... Read More
Area Manager (Rail Freight)
- East Midlands, England
- £50000 - £60000 per annum + plus car allowance, bonus etc.
- 26 days ago
A well respected and established supply chain and distribution business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Area Manager (Rail Freight) who is looking to take that next important career step. You will join an expanding, dynamic business with specialism in container and cargo ... Read More
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £40000 per annum
- 21 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Transport Manager for a provider of recycling solutions based in Nottingham. The role will be responsible for productivity of the drivers, planning of the workload, management of the operations desk and ensuring that internal and external stakeho... Read More
Assistant General Manager (Logistics)
- Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Generous salary and benefits package
- 5 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Assistant General Manager for a blue-chip company on a full-time, permanent basis in Rochdale. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that spe... Read More