We are recruiting for Group Head of Buying to join a leading food importer and distributor based in Bedfordshire.
Our client is a highly regarded family business and have been established for many years. The successful candidate will have a strong FMCG background and will oversee purchasing operations for the whole group across their UK sites.
- Salary commensurate with experience but circa £40,000 to £60,000 and possibly more got the right candidate
- Company pension
- Free Parking
- You will report to the Directors and as head of the purchasing team you will strive to deliver the effective sourcing strategy and the goals in support of the business evolvement.
- Oversee and make recommendations of the regular review of current purchasing practice
- Creating, developing and implementing new sourcing strategy to improve procurement performance.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and ensure contracts and negotiations are in place to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Seeking to unlock new levers for improved value, streamline existing products, and develop new products across all categories.
- Develop supplier relationships and systems that ensure continuous improvement within cost, value and service
- Keeping abreast of current market trends and commodity information
- Liaise closely with the sales team to prioritise needs and develop effective sourcing processes, work closely with finance department to ensure full operational understanding.
- Have a strong food or ingredients procurement background from an FMCG, or retail business with superb commercial awareness.
- Have strong knowledge across the full procurement lifecycle
- Be organised and have the ability to successfully manage multi-million and complex procurement projects
- Be experienced in managing a team.
- Be a self-starter, driven, have the ability to build key relationships, can work under pressure
- Thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong analytical skill
- Possess excellent negotiation and relationship management skills
- Fluency in both Cantonese or Mandarin is not essential but highly desirable
If you are interested in the Group Head of Buying role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Purchasing & Logistics assistant
- Coventry, West Midlands
- £20000 - £26000 per annum + Bonus, Holidays, Pension, Training
- 11 days ago
As part of the role, you will be responsible for the following: Supporting the Buying team in delivering an excellent service. Following the contracts programme and ensure timely provision of specified equipment and supplies for Projects. To be able to adapt quickly and efficiently to p... Read More
- Bedfordshire, England
- £34000 - £38000 per annum + plus benefits
- 29 days ago
We are recruiting for a Buyer to join a leading food importer and distributor based in Bedfordshire. Our client is a highly regarded family business and have been established for many years. The successful candidate will have a strong FMCG background and will assist with purchasing oper... Read More