We are looking for Grounds Maintenance/Parks Assistant to support the maintenance of Coombe Abbey Park (Coventry CV3) by undertaking various grounds maintenance, cleansing and retail activities on site. This is temporary contract until Christmas 2020.
Full UK drivers licence required.
Weekend working essential. (1 day a week)
Full training will be given.
Full time hours 37 per week - £9 per hour PAYE (holiday pay on top)
Working rota first week Wednesday and Sunday off, next week Friday Saturday off.
To ensure a good visitor experience and to assist with improving standards and the continuous development of the site.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out routine maintenance, including clearing litter, cleaning, basic horticultural tasks such as ride on and pedestrian grass cutting, strimming hedge cutting and the chemical control of weeds where necessary within approved procedures.
- To undertake basic decoration and repairs to premises to ensure a good standard of presentation and safety, referring substantial repairs and maintenance needs to the Coombe Abbey Park Supervisor.
- Inspect play equipment for repairs and report defects as necessary withdrawing any damaged items.
- Seeks to actively promote Coombe's facilities, through face to face interaction. Encouraging positive involvement with the site including providing information on things to do see and how to get involved in activities and events.
- Provide a service to the public within the retail and information centre including the maintenance of the car park and assist in stock takes and other similar duties.
- Listen to customer concerns and handle any complaints in a sympathetic manor, recording feedback using the appropriate mean, e.g. comments cards, incident form.
- Seek to maintain good relations with the public, local landowners and other groups. Deal with routine complaints and enquiries, referring matters to the Coombe Abbey Park Supervisor or Duty Manager as appropriate.
- Provide support for special events.
- Patrol the park ensuring that visitors are able to fully enjoy its facilities.
- Ensures that site information is current up to date and accurate, through the effective implementation of site quality checks.
- Assist in the guidance of volunteers.
- Keep abreast of developments in the Country Park, Visitor Centre and other relevant areas, ensuring visitors are kept up-to-date with current developments and management initiatives.
- Assist in updating the list of plant, tools and equipment.
- Assist with maintenance of records, surveys and basic reports.
- Collect, transport and deliver material, personnel and equipment, as required.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available