We are looking for an Experienced Qualified Geotechnical Engineer to join a great team on a permanent basis in one of the following locations: Newark, Doncaster, or Newcastle with travel between all three and other sites across UK. To support the growing geotechnical workload for one of the UK's leading ground engineering contractors.
The successful candidate will work on projects across all geotechnical disciplines covering ground anchors, soil nail reinforced slopes, drilling and grouting, bored, CFA/SFA and mini piles.
We are looking for previous experience in the pilling industry, mainly in anchoring, grouting, and nailing.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in civil engineering works ideally pilling
- Civil or Geotechnical Engineering Degree, Geology degree or similar
- Minimum 3 years' post-graduate experience
- Knowledge of relevant Geotechnical standards and its applicability
- Design and manage multi-disciplinary site investigations
- Review, sort and manipulate AGS data to generate a ground model
- Prepare calculations, drawings, and other documents and ensuring these are controlled during the execution of projects
- Carry out bearing capacity calculations without supervision
- Undertake settlement analysis
- Operate geotechnical software/programming,
- Write GIR & GDR (interpretative reporting and design)
- Design temporary works and enabling elements (e.g. temporary access which could include rams, haul roads for construction, bridging over pipelines)
- Design permanent works i.e. foundations
Especially valued knowledge on ground improvement techniques such as lime stabilization, heave, and piling
You need to be a good communicator and be able to build positive working relationships, internally and with the supply chain as well as the ability to coordinate and manage your own workload supporting project delivery.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
x2 Technical (Design) Project Engineer - Peterborough
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + + Car + Bonus++
- 8 days ago
Barker Ross are working with a major Housebuilder and Developer on a number of vacancies within our clients Technical Division in Peterborough. Our client requires a x2 Technical/Design Project Enigneers who have previous experience of working for either a large Housebuilder or Develope... Read More