An excellent opportunity has arisen for a high calibre, hands-on FLT/Line Service Operative to join a successful food FMCG manufacturing business in the Milton Keynes area.
The purpose of the FLT/Line Service Operative role is to work as part of a team of Line Service Operatives:
- Operate FLT vehicles within the warehouse and outside yard area.
- Carrying out material movement functions, whilst following company policies & procedures.
- Maintaining a safe work environment, fully complying with legislative requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Actively promote Health & Safety within the warehouse and palletising sections and all factory areas.
- Ensure warehouse collections and deliveries for drivers are carried out to company process and policies.
- Full health & safety for delivery collections and delivery vehicles.
- Carrying out hygiene/cleaning tasks throughout the factory, maintaining and cleaning of all case-packing equipment
- You must have experience having worked in a food manufacturing/production and warehouse environment.
- Simultaneously work on multiple production lines ensuring all lines meet their KPI targets (including wastage and efficiency) and that the team leader is aware if targets are not going to be met.
- Facilitate the smooth flow of materials throughout the production process and have an understanding of materials.
- Maintain a consistently high work ethic, allowing optimisation of line speeds at all times.
- Ensure all transport bookings (collections and deliveries) are well managed.
- Ensure vehicle loading /unloading is carried out in a timely and safe manner.
- Ensure stock accuracy and maintenance of stock management system (manual & electronic) by liaising with the finance, planning & purchasing teams, as required.
- Ensure perpetual stock counts are completed daily /weekly & when required, to assist in monthly stock counts.
- Ensure all inbound and outbound materials are scanned accurately according to the traceability procedures.
- Fully comply with all company & mandatory legislation.
- Report immediately to the Facilities Manager, any accidents, or issues that may potentially cause an accident.
- Ensure Forklift trucks and pallet trucks are driven with care and consideration at all times, with Health & Safety being first priority. Any issues, faults, breakdowns of vehicles must be reported to the service provider and facilities manager.
- Ensure daily checks are completed on all Forklift trucks, pallet trucks and battery operated cleaning equipment.
- Differentiate between good quality and sub-standard product, and communicate clearly and deal with situations as they arise, in a timely manner.
- Report any anomalies immediately to a Team Leader, to ensure quality, wastage and efficiency targets are maintained.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping to provide clean, safe working areas at all times.
- Report any problems with the computer scanning system to the Team Leader in a timely manner.
- Responsible for looking after equipment i.e. ensuring that all parts of the equipment are maintained and reported in a timely manner if any part is broken and correct procedural documentation is followed.
- Follow manual handing procedures at all times.
- Ensure that the clean-as-you-go policy is always maintained.
- Actively drive continuous improvement in your work area by following OPS principles.
- Carry out shift handover effectively to the next team with good information flow.
These responsibilities are not an exhaustive list. It is expected that other responsibilities relevant to the role may be required to be carried out, by agreement between the job holder & their direct line manager.
Palletising box/tray product according to the specification and transfer of completed pallets to the warehouse
- Ensure that all pallets are built to the correct configuration.
- Ensure that pallets are booked correctly using the computerized system.
- Ensure that all traceability requirements and data entries are completed accurately.
- Ensure there is sufficient stock readily available so that lines don't run out of trays, boxes, etc.
- Ensure lines have sufficient, accurate labels ready for production.
- Return unused stock to warehouse, ensuring that traceability details and stock quantities are recorded.
- Ensure oncoming shift has sufficient stock for all lines.
- Report problems with computer booking/scanning systems/ label machine to Team Leader in timely manner.
- Responsible for looking after equipment i.e. ensuring that all parts of the equipment are maintained and reported in a timely manner if any part is broken.
- Follow manual handing procedures at all times.
- Ensure that the clean-as-you-go policy is always maintained. Be able to carry out changeovers for case packing equipment in a timely manner with minimal downtime
The successful FLT/Line Service Operative will require a valid FLT Counterbalance license as an absolute minimum. Experience of using a stand-on truck in a warehouse environment would also be an advantage.
The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis and will require an individual who is flexible to work rotating days/nights across a 12 hour shift (6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am).
Desirable requirements for this role include Foundation in Food Hygiene (Level 2), Manual Handling experience and HACCP.
In addition to the main responsibilities outlined, a basic competence level area is required for Mixing, Packaging Machine Operation (Multivac & Flowrap) and Press Operation. This will be to cover holidays and sickness in line with business needs and assist multi-skilling in all areas.
The successful candidate will be IT literate, possessing experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
To be successful you will demonstrate strong attention to detail and this opportunity will suit an individual that is very much a team player, comes from a hands-on, target driven production environment previously and is looking to develop their career further with a successful, expanding business.
The training salary for the FLT/Line Service Operative is £27,535 rising to £30,511 after being fully signed off. There is no set time frame for this as it is dependent on experience and the individual, typically it would take at least 6 months.
Other fantastic benefits include:
5% contributory pension if matched by 3% employee contribution
Health care (Simply health level 3) which includes up to 4 children
Life assurance (3 x annual salary death in service)
21 days holiday
Training and development opportunities.
Free tea and coffee
If you are interested in the FLT/Line Service Operative role please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
FLT/Line Service Operative Food Manufacturing
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £12.60 per annum
- 18 days ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a high calibre, hands-on FLT/Line Service Operative to join a successful food FMCG manufacturing business in the Milton Keynes area. The purpose of the FLT/Line Service Operative role is to work as part of a team of Line Service Operatives: Operat... Read More