Fleet Manager (Courier)
Our client is interested in hiring a Fleet Manager, who can work closely with their drivers to maximize expenditure and deliver the highest possible level of service to our customers.
The successful candidate will streamline routes with drivers and keep costs down, but still deliver the level of service customers are expecting.
The Fleet Manager will also be responsible for meeting regularly with drivers, dispatchers and maintenance team members to discuss ways to meet or exceed corporate revenue goals.
To work alongside and in conjunction with the Operations Manager to ensure that an efficient and dynamic organisation is created.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Offer guidance to Self Employed drivers on the best ways to maximize their earnings, while delivering a high level of customer services.
- Collaborate with internal and external stake holders to add quality employee drivers and contracted drivers to the fleet.
- Work closely with the maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance.
- Ensure that all load paperwork associated with each run is accurate and submitted to the proper people.
- Ensure robust agreements and service levels are in place for any outsourced work.
- Ensure accurate, documented working practices are in place for all areas.
- Investigate all accidents thoroughly, implementing corrective actions where required.
- Report all accidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences to the Health and Safety Co-Ordinator.
- Implement and monitor safe systems of work for all activities.
- Hold regular review meetings with all suppliers to examine performance against agreed targets.
- Communicate with customers at all levels ensuring transparency of information.
- Escalate any potential serious incidents in Fleet Operations.
- Provide feedback to team members to highlight and commend commitment and good performance.
- Conduct periodic meetings with all team members to ensure effective communication and feedback.
- Disseminate and communicate information clearly and precisely to all necessary areas of the business.
- Communicate information to all team members to improve awareness of performance and expectations.
- Assess and plan training requirements and development actions for all team.
- Conduct regular 'Job Feedback' sessions with all direct reports.
- Create action plans, targets and objectives for all team members
- Manage holiday allocations retaining records to enable planning.
- Monitor absence levels utilising effective return interviews to minimise recorded levels.
- Use Company policies and procedures as required highlighting and rectifying areas of poor performance.
COMPLIANCE WITH HEALTH AND SAFETY, QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS
- Applies and enforces Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental regulations.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring work is safe and hazard free.
- Reports all accidents, near misses or hazardous situations.
- Work with Management team to identity hazards and reduce risks, suggesting any improvement designed to preserve health and safety, quality and environment.
- Contributes towards improving safety and work environment and safeguards oneself and others.
- G Suite
- Team Leadership
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Planning and Organising
- Customer driven/focused
- Problem solving/Decision making
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical, numerical and statistically focused
- Organisation and functioning of a key operational department
- Knowledge of transport work allocation systems
- UK Geography with major traffic routes
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Health and Safety regulations and requirements
Salary £28,000-£30,000 dependant on experience
Must be available for work Monday-Friday between the hours of 8.00am till 18.00pm.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
3PL Warehousing Business Development Manager
- Lutterworth, Leicestershire
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 9 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a 3PL Warehousing Business Development Manager who has experience in the freight/logistics industry to join a very successful business in Leicestershire that operates in the air, road, rail and sea freight sectors. This is a full-time, permanent op... Read More
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £22000 - £25000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 1 day ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor with expertise within the logistics sector, to join a one of the UK's leading freight forwarding businesses on a full-time permanent basis. You will join the team in Corby, Northamptonshire. The successful Wareho... Read More