We are currently recruiting on behalf of a client for the position of Fleet Damage Manager, to be based at their Peterborough HQ. You will work alongside the Head of Fleet and fleet team with the successful candidate will have sound experience and knowledge of fleet damage management within a large and agile light commercial vehicle fleet operation. You will possess experience and knowledge of managing costs from hire and lease providers is also key. Industry relevant I.T. systems, such as Audatex is a strong benefit.
Our client is one of the largest final mile home delivering companies in the United Kingdom operating from more than 60 locations with a fleet of 2,000 Light Commercial vehicles. They deliver parcels for global brands on behalf of some of the largest parcel carriers and logistics companies in the world. Their focus on the final mile of the operational distribution service, collecting shipments from local delivery stations and delivering them to residential customers. Their philosophy and values are fully focused on customer satisfaction, which is the main reason their partners describe us as supply experts, operating on some of the biggest European and Asian markets.
- Professional and calm approach with strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Fleet damage process management experience within vehicle hire or lease industry.
- Strong understanding of LCV fleet damage repair costs and industry repair standards.
- Able to make commercial decisions in fast pace environment.
- Ability to forge strong supplier relationships and manage effectively.
- A thorough understanding of repair methodology and the ability to assess vehicle repairs both physically and remotely.
- Strong understanding of Bodyshop repair and fleet KPI's with Excel and numeracy skills.
- A real team player who acts calmly in a fast-paced fleet business.
- Manage the full end to end damage repair process, ensure efficient turnaround.
- Interrogate, manage, and challenge damage/recharge costs against the fleet as appropriate.
- Liaise with internal driver support teams to identify new damage and take control of steps to rectify and re-bill as required.
- Liaison with insurers/broker.
- Claims experience analysis.
- Dealing with all internal motor insurance queries.
- Manage relationships with in house and third-party repairers.
- Identify and manage insurance repair process and costs, liaise with insurers as required.
- Working closely with the operations teams, promoting driver/operator satisfaction and contribute to process improvement ideas.
- Supporting the wider fleet team as required.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm, with an occasional remote weekend cover (1 in 4).
You will be office based with some remote working.
Salary for this opportunity is £35k-£45k plus company benefits.
For immediate consideration please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Superb remuneration and package
- 2 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Warehouse Manager for a blue-chip company on a full-time, permanent basis in Rochdale. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises... Read More
- Northamptonshire, England
- £50000 - £55000 per annum + car or allowance
- 5 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Manager with expertise within the warehousing and logistics sector, to join a one of the UK's leading freight forwarding businesses on a full-time permanent basis. You will join the team in Northamptonshire. Reporting into... Read More
- Rutland, England
- Up to £40000 per annum + plus bonus
- 11 days ago
A forward-thinking fulfilment, e-commerce, distribution, warehousing and storage solutions business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Warehouse Manager to join their team in the Rutland (East Midlands) region on a full time, permanent basis. This is a fantastic ... Read More
Business Development Manager (Parcels)
- Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire
- £29000 - £35000 per annum + company car and other benefits
- 1 day ago
One of the leading providers in the parcel delivery network has an opportunity for a Logistics Business Development Manager. Working from there Peterborough head office or from home covering the UK. You will deliver profitable new business in line with organisational strategic goals, id... Read More
Operations Manager (3PL)
- Halifax, West Yorkshire
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 11 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Operations Manager (3PL) with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Halifax. This is a truly exciting time ... Read More