The role is to support primarily the Fleet and Workshop services by carrying out fleet administrative functions within the Department. The role of the post holder(s) is to ensure that all administration functions are carried out in timely manner to reduce delay.
To provide accurate information as required by both internal and external customers to support prompt payment of invoices. Working with administrative colleagues to provide flexible and inter-operable support across the range of fleet duties.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To assist with all administrative tasks to support the Fleet and Workshop Service in the day-to-day operations of the vehicle workshops, ensuring the effective financial administrative requirements for the range of specific contracts for items including supply of parts, tyres, external maintenance, and vehicle hire.
- Work with the Fleet Manager and Workshop Manager to ensure statistical and financial information in relation to service and repair costs and performance of workshops is provided and reported as required.
- To prepare documents, compile data and populate spreadsheets including fleet management information to ensure clear records are in place for the spend undertaken by this service.
- Ensuring that up to date and accurate records are held which can be used for preparation of performance figures, preparing journals and periodic recharges for finance, and data for FOI requests through the use of relevant electronic administrative systems including but not limited to using Agresso, Microsoft Office applications, specialised fleet software packages/databases
- The postholder will be responsible for the financial management and processing of significant fleet budgets, therefore will need to ensure they are working closely with suppliers to raise orders, ensure timely invoices are received, prompt payments are made, monthly reconciliations are in place and outstanding invoices are received to avoid any delays in processing.
- Liaising and recharging to internal departments and external organisations for costs relating to parts, repairs, hire costs and other associated invoices.
- To process all incident (accident) report forms that arise within the Council, and to ensure that costs are identified and recharged to the insurance funds after damage/repairs have been processed.
- Issue departmental documents to internal and external customers under the direction and agreement of Fleet Manager.
- Liaise with Fleet Manager and Workshop Manager, vehicle mechanics and operational environment teams and ensure that the processes and systems are followed correctly by all staff.
- Assist in the provision of effective and efficient front of house fleet reception, providing cover arrangements for team absences.
- Dealing with unexpected and sensitive customer queries or situations through utilising enhanced negotiating and persuading skills.
- Handle complex administrative and procedural tasks or queries both orally and in writing using analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills.
- Undertake any other administrative duties commensurate to the level and nature of the post.
- To undertake such duties as may be commensurate with the seniority of the post
- To ensure that the Council's corporate Health & Safety policy is followed and training is undertaken in all pertinent health and safety procedures
- To partake in the Council's and Directorate's staff training and development policies as well as the Council's system of performance appraisal
- To treat all information gathered for the Council and Directorate, either electronically or manually, in a confidential manner
- All employees are required to demonstrate a commitment when carrying out their duties which promotes and values diversity and the equality of opportunity in relation to employees and service users which is in line with the Council's Equality & Diversity Policy.
- To be responsible for identifying and managing all risks associated with the job role through effective application of internal controls and risk assessments to support the achievement of Corporate and Service objectives
- To ensure the highest standards of customer care are met at all times
- To ensure the principles of Value for Money in service delivery is fundamental in all aspects of involvement with internal and external customers
- To ensure that the highest standards of data quality are achieved and maintained for the collection, management, and use of data.
- To positively promote the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and ensure that it is recognised that Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility; and to engage in appropriate training and development opportunities which enhance an individual's knowledge and skill in responding to children, young people and vulnerable adults who may be in need of safeguarding.