Fire and water damage technician
Our client are a growing, premium damage response business based in Watford servicing clients across London, the Home counties and the South East.
They are looking for highly competent, experienced individuals to join our technical team whose main priority is to deliver the high service levels we have a reputation for, to the properties and individuals we service.
As a Fire and water damage technician you will attend properties that have been affected by fire and water damage and be required to provide an assessment of damage and a program of works to put the property back into a condition where another contractor will re-instate.
Our work is within the insurance sector, meaning we are instructed by insurance companies and be expected to work within certain guidelines and follow specific criteria.We are expected to provide a service that responds to a disaster in an individual's property by managing that situation efficiently and effectively.
- Attend fire or water damaged properties and assess damage and provide a scope of works to mitigate the damage and also restore the property
- Manage an upset policy holder or property owner, explaining what we are there to achieve and manage their expectations
- Install drying programs and equipment
- Manage junior staff and lead jobs from start to completion
- Using a variety of equipment - provide emergency works such as pumping out of water and cleaning up after a flood
- Perform risk assessments and other Health and Safety led paperwork
- Write complex reports and schedules of works
Key Skills & experience required
- Excellent grasp of both written and verbal English
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- 1-3 years' experience within a similar business
- An ability to understand an individual's concerns and manage a customer's expectations
- Honesty, ambition common sense is essential
- A strong grasp of plumbing processes and also building construction
- Conscientious and careful approach to work and individuals
As a technician you will be provided with a vehicle, uniform and training to allow you to deliver the best service within this market.
Successful applicants must be able to proof of eligibility (Passport or National Insurance and Birth Certificate) and a copy of Full UK Driving Licence.
Interviews will be held in Watford at the Head Office
If you are interested in this role, please click the Apply button now, or contact George at Barker Ross Recruitment on 02037577048
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.