A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and CIMA or ACA qualified Financial Controller (ideally from a logistics / 3PL background) to join a highly professional, well established and rapidly expanding distribution and freight solutions provider. The role is to work out of their Corby site and is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting directly into the CFO, this is a key, strategic appointment for the business, as you will form a key part of the senior management team, take ownership for the accuracy and control of all site budgets/forecasts, supporting variance analysis and business commentaries, operational KPI reporting/development and a whole host of internal ad hoc projects in order to support the operational teams from a financial perspective to achieve their strategic objectives
The directors are looking for a dynamic and driven candidate who is a qualified accountant with extensive experience of FP&A within a contract led logistics business. You will be a self-starter who can operate as the number one finance person on site to influence the business to achieve desired outcomes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Budget & forecasts ownership, control and improvement
- Variance analysis & business commentaries
- KPI implementation, development and monitoring
- Customer profitability analysis
- Guarantee the integrity of all numbers produced by the site
- Investment appraisals and capital expenditure control
- Costing of new business opportunities
- Ensure costs are controlled and commercial opportunities highlighted
- Coaching and guidance on all financial topics throughout the business
- Work closely and in conjunction with our UK Shared Service Centre (Financial Reporting) operating as the financial conduit to ensure overall financial alignment for the business
- Provide robust analytical and financial decision support and expertise to the site
- Implement new tools, ideas and models to support the business in line with Group strategy
As an individual you will be open minded, energetic, and be passionate about wanting to get into the day to day activities and offering your team of two, real guidance and support both finically and operationally.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.