This position will ideally suit someone who is ready to take their next step up from an Assistant Accountant role. This will be a very exciting role with varied responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
To assume responsibility for (but not limited to):
- Assisting with the production of the Management Accounts, to include creating and posting journals to Sage Accounting system
- Support in preparation of daily cash flow reports and forecasts
- Producing weekly gross margin reports for the business, taking all direct costs into consideration
- Creating sales journals for period end, splitting out by temporary and permanent fees
- Producing periodic GP trend analysis for Directors, including new business analysis
- Producing financial analysis for the board pack
- Reporting on transport and safety wear cost recovery, highlighting any key variances to business directors
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and creating depreciation journals
- Updating the vehicle lease schedule and posting associated journals
- Posting vehicle maintenance costs periodically
- Assisting with intercompany postings/journals
- Maintain audit schedules periodically in readiness for the year end audit
- Credit card statement reconciliations
- Assessing eligibility of workers to be put through on the CIS scheme
- Reconciliations for our Invoice finance facility and investigation of any retentions
Key skills required:
- As this role entails analytical responsibilities, intermediate to advanced Excel skills and spreadsheet skills are essential
- Ability to work as part of a small team and provide support wherever and whenever required but still be able to work on own initiative and be self motivated
- Must pay attention to detail and produce accurate, timely information, sometimes working to tight time deadlines (eg at period end)
- Need to be flexible and adaptable - may be occasional additional hours required
- Ability to reconcile accounts and correct any possible differences
- Experience in a similar role will be preferable, and working towards a professional Accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA).
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Group only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.