One of the leading logistics providers has an opportunity for a Finance Manager in the Wigan area. This role is a full time, permanent opportunity.
The Finance Manager is a customer facing role providing financial insight and support to multiple customers.
You will provide insight to enhance customer support and understanding through the presentation and interpretation of information produced to identify opportunities and challenge the operations. You will also lead and develop the existing team to further the services and support to the customer.
- Responsibility for both the P&L and balance sheet, ensuring adherence to policy and procedure.
- Delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting and interpretation of the operations on a weekly and periodic basis.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with preparation of the annual budgets and customer forecasts to strict timelines and standards.
- Provide Financial assistance to the operational teams when building business cases.
- Validate potential CI savings and continually track performance against forecasts.
- Develop strong relationships with the customer - both operationally and within the finance function.
- Assist with new business bids assessing the balance of risk and reward in each opportunity.
- Inspire non-financial managers to develop strong commercial awareness and an understanding of the budget and key cost drivers.
- Develop models and reporting to drive performance through an enhanced understanding of the internal and external commercial and financial drivers.
- Lead and motivate the finance teams to build capability.
- Partner with the business to embed meaningful management information to support the development of opportunities and growth.
- Reporting and monitoring of key performance indicators to support service delivery and contractual commitments.
- Ensure adherence to contractual commitments and deliverables.
- Embed a strong commercial framework.
- Attend and be active in regular team and site meetings.
- Work in partnership with the HR team to ensure robust payroll processes and reporting mechanisms are in place.
What our client requires:
- A fully or part qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
- Transport/Logistics Industry experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrate drive, energy and a commitment to the continuous improvement of overall contract performance.
- Be proactive, inquisitive with a passion for challenging teams to drive performance.
- Be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards.
- Must be flexible and respond positively and accurately to internal and external customer requests.
- Excellent customer relationship skills with the ability to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Have excellent PC skills and be able to understand and harness IT and systems to benefit the operation.
- Be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience.
- Able to travel across sites as required.
Salary for this opportunity is £40k-£45k plus good company benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
General Manager (3PL)
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £60000 - £65000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- about 9 hours ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of General Manager (3PL) at their site in Milton Keynes. The successful General Manager will take full leadership, operational and financial responsibility for managing a safe, ef... Read More