Our client provides support to clients with learning and physical disabilities across London.
Position Available: Finance Assistant - Kings Cross, 5-6 months, 37.5 hours per week, £11.46 per hour plus holiday pay accrued during placement.
The post holder will be responsible for carrying out a range of finance related processes, data entry and administrative tasks to assist the Accountant and Finance Team. These will include processing invoices, payments, receipts of rent income and recording activities, including data entry, filing, providing information, answering queries, filing and other relevant tasks required in an effective and efficient manner in line with procedure and within required timeframes.
To be responsible for managing all payments made by the company including payroll, staff expense, petty cash and external supplies
To be responsible for recording all income received by QHT; including Rent, housing benefit, service charges
- Financial Systems
Setting up a financial system on Quickbooks able to record income and expenditure, financial transactions and able to produce reconciliations and management reports.
- Management support and preparation of accounts
To ensure that the finance department operates in line with financial procedures, and that well organised financial records are maintained.
- Corporate Responsibilities
To support the workof the company through accurate and timely reporting, and by maintaining good relationships, both internal and external
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant or qualified by experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Relevant finance or accounting qualification or working towards one is desirable but is not essential.
- Good numeracy skills and an understanding of double entry book keeping.
- Demonstrable ability to use a computerised accounting system with specific ability to manage a large purchase and sales ledger
- Experience of using a range of payment systems including electronic payments
- A good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to use MS Word and MS Outlook packages effectively
- Good organisational, record keeping and time management skills
- Experience of working in a small finance team, preferably within a charity.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (DESIRABLE):
- Experience of Housing Benefit
- Experience of setting up a new accounting system for an organisation
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Income Housing Officer - Twickenham
- Twickenham, London
- Up to £28000 per annum
- 28 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of support services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Availa... Read More