An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Facilities Manager to join a hugely successful specialist electrical component distribution business on a full time basis at their state of the art facility in Milton Keynes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive the health and safety agenda on site to meet/exceed best practice for SHEQ management and controls.
- Act as the representative in relation to the management systems, ISO9001 and ISO14001 to which the Company is accredited.
- Maintain and control those systems and where required, other such business systems.
- Facilitate and manage documentation revision and generation in compliance with good documentation practices.
- Take control of all facilities management.
- Oversee the warehouse and logistics operation.
- Implementing H&S policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation.
- Engaging with staff, customers and contractors on H&S performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets, continual improvement or making current systems more efficient.
- Conducting H&S investigations - accidents; incidents; near misses; customer complaints; non-conforming product or materials - providing support to devise corrective actions.
- Engaging with colleagues, customers and other external contractors, acting as key point of contact.
- Execution of a systematic approach to risk assessments/management ensuring appropriate mitigation of risk in line with corporate H&S objectives.
- Address risk prevention opportunities including accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Facilities Management role.
- Experience with ISO standards - 9001 (essential) and 14001 (desirable).
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant SHEQ legislation, compliance and regulations.
- Strong focus on results and continuous improvement.
Salary for this opportunity is £28k plus pension, 30 days holiday, bonus (after service), health care (after service) and other company benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business and to really put a stamp on shaping their on-going success.
Send your CV for immediate consideration!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Roadfreight Account Manager (Northampton)
- Northampton, Northamptonshire
- Up to £30000 per annum + plus 8% bonus paid on GP and benefits
- 1 day ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Roadfreight Account Manager with experience of the Freight Forwarding industry (land/road haulage) to join a world-class transport and logistics organisation. This is a full-time, permanent position to be based in the Northampton area. This is a ... Read More
3PL Warehousing Business Development Manager
- Lutterworth, Leicestershire
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 17 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a 3PL Warehousing Business Development Manager who has experience in the freight/logistics industry to join a very successful business in Leicestershire that operates in the air, road, rail and sea freight sectors. This is a full-time, permanent op... Read More
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £22000 - £25000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 10 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor with expertise within the logistics sector, to join a one of the UK's leading freight forwarding businesses on a full-time permanent basis. You will join the team in Corby, Northamptonshire. The successful Wareho... Read More