A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Facilities/Engineering Proffesional to join a leading distributor of maintenance and repair products as a Facilities Engineer. This permanent role to be based at their Leicester site.
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise, compliance will be upheld through planned maintenance, reactive work orders, contractor supervision and project management. A thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical, power & distribution, controls, and building assets/components is required to provide maximum asset uptime.
* Support the day-to-day running of the department in terms of work load while ensuring safe working practices are adhered to
* Completion of works to meet current regulations to ensure compliance is maintained and audits passed
* Good communication skills to liaise with both internal/external customers and contractors
* Assist with any infrastructure upgrades along with modifications/repairs to business assets
* Ability to work independently on projects and work assignments
* Easily adjusts to changes in priorities and flexible to respond to varying works/projects
* Works well in cross-functional teams and work groups to identify and resolve problems by proposing unique and innovative solutions
* Keeps Manager informed of progress on assignments, projects and repairs
* Responsibility for promoting a positive H&S culture within the business
* Resolving any customer complaints and responding to any emergencies as they arise
* Able to create, develop and sustain departmental documentation
The Ideal Person:
* A recognised apprenticeship in an engineering or facilities discipline
* 2391 Inspection & Testing
* Qualified to IEE wiring regulations 18th Edition (Preferable)
* HND/HNC qualification in an engineering discipline (Preferable)
* GCSE/O level qualifications in English and Maths
* Facilities or Engineering background
* Ability to self-manage and priorities workload
* Capable of reading, following and understand electrical drawings
* Capable of reading, following and understand mechanical drawings
* Fault finding within a "Live" environment
* Good communication skills
* Organised and able to carry out administration tasks
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
- Kent, England
- £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Package
- about 1 month ago
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)- MMC Offsite Construction - Northfleet, Kent - up to £50K + Generous pension, 25 days holiday + stats, private medical scheme and life assurance. Company This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within an offsite constr... Read More
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Kent, England
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + + Package
- about 1 month ago
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)- MMC Offsite Construction - Northfleet, Kent - up to £45K + Generous pension, 25 days holiday + stats, private medical scheme and life assurance. Company This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within an offsite constr... Read More