Extra Care Scheme Manager
Job type: Housing / Project Manager
Client type: Accommodation services for older people
Salary: £13.00 - £16.00 per hour
Hours: 25 hours a week (Monday to Friday)
Contract type: Temporary - 2 month contract
Barker Ross Healthcare are currently recruiting for an Extra Care Scheme Manager based in Loughborough, Leicestershire. Significant experience of managing accommodation services for older people is required, knowledge/experience of housing and welfare benefits and experience of monitoring service delivery. Also, have or willing to work towards a professional housing qualification.
To ensure that the Extra Care Scheme is fully occupied by managing allocation and management of the scheme. To ensure that the scheme is safe and compliant and creates a vibrant and inclusive culture for tenants that supports wider integration into the community.
Your role will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Manage waiting list, allocations and lettings
- Manage and report on the allocations and referral process for the project
- To work in partnership with relevant stakeholders for nominations/referrals and to attend relevant stakeholder meetings
- Manage accommodation & Compliance
- Ensure good standards of the service provision are achieved and KPIs are met
- Intensive Housing Management
- Review housing audits to evidence an intensive housing management service
- Promote the well-being of tenants
- Tenant engagement & Community development
- Ensuring life enriching opportunities are provided for tenants of the service
- Ensuring engaging and inclusive services and activities are available for tenants
- In conjunction with care & support staff ensure customers are involved and engaged in meaningful activities
- Consistent and professional housing service for customers is delivered at the accommodation projects
- Monitor satisfaction surveys to ensure standards are maintained and act positively to improve services where needed
- Ensure all customers have a personalised professional approach to their housing solutions
- Experience of working within an Extra Care setting
- Ability to understand Financial information and spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience of Intensive Housing Management criteria, specifically around allocations, tenancy sustainment, promoting independence and safeguarding
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience of supporting people to successfully apply for relevant benefits to maximise income, and support tenancy sustainment
- Experience of joint working to achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable people
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm for inclusion of groups and individuals with extra support needs
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- High attention to detail
- IT skills (e.g. word processing, email, excel)
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please contact Jade on 0115 9418131.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Nursing Homes Manager
- Lowestoft, Suffolk
- £45000 - £60000 per annum
- 18 days ago
Nursing Home Manager Lowestoft Up to £60,000 You will be required to be a home manager that has a nursing background and proven track record of a good and consistent CQC rating throughout their career. We are looking for a passionate leader that enjoys the challenges that care homes bri... Read More
Registered Children's Home Manager
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £28000 - £34000 per annum
- 30 days ago
Registered Children's Home Manager Location: Nottinghamshire, NG18 Salary: £28K - £34K (salary will vary depending on experience) - bonus's also available Hours: Full time Job type: Management (Level 5) Client type: Children and Young People's Home We are currently recruiting for a Regi... Read More
Head of Hospice Services
- Kidderminster, Worcestershire
- £42000 - £45000 per annum
- 2 days ago
Head of Hospice Services Location: Kidderminster, West Midlands Salary: Salary in the range of £42,000 - £45,000 You will be able to lead Care and Bereavement teams with both hands and to ensure our care and support is fit for the future needs of our local community. You will be an (adu... Read More