Barker Ross are currently recruiting for an extra care manager to manage a residential home which specialise in Dementia, Eating disorders, Learning disabilities, Mental health conditions, Personal care, Physical disabilities, Sensory impairments, Caring for adults under 65 yrs, Caring for adults over 65 yrs
Essential requirements for extra care manager/registered manager
- Significant experience of managing accommodation services for older people and people with Learning disabilities
- Experience in an operational management capacity in a health & social care setting
- Knowledge/experience of housing and welfare benefits
- Experience of monitoring service delivery
- Enhanced DBS
- To ensure that the Scheme is fully occupied by managing allocation and management of the scheme. To ensure that the scheme is safe and compliant and creates a vibrant and inclusive culture for tenants that supports wider integration into the community.
Ability to travel across a wide geographical area
Main duties will include
- Manage a compliant and financially viable housing service
- Manage a compliant and financially viable care service
- Ensure clients feel engaged and part of the community
- Manage a culture of performance management that improves quality and supports the development of our people to improve retention and to support succession planning
Below is a small insight of duties expeted to be performed as a registered / extra care manager
- To take individual responsibility for ensuring that a continuously improving and effective professional customer service is delivered.
- To ensure adequate controls are in place to manage operational risks effectively in areas of the business that fall within the remit of this role, as well as identifying and responding proactively to emerging risks.
- To ensure a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations.
- To attend fire drills and staff meetings.
- To attend training events as required.
- To maintain an awareness of current instructions circulated by staff meetings, departmental and head office bulletins, circular letters or by verbal or written information given by your Responsible Officer.
- To respect the confidential nature of personal information.
- Experience of working within an Extra Care setting
- Ability to understand Financial information and spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience of Intensive Housing Management criteria, specifically around allocations, tenancy sustainment, promoting independence and safeguarding
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience of supporting people to successfully apply for relevant benefits to maximise income, and support tenancy sustainment
- Experience of joint working to achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable people
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm for inclusion of groups and individuals with extra support needs
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- High attention to detail
IT skills (e.g. word processing, email, excel)
Full job description will be discussed with every application
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Health Care Assistant - Plumstead
- Woolwich, London
- £9 - £10 per hour
- 6 days ago
Barker Ross Health & Social Care are recruiting for experienced Health Care Assistant to provide high quality service to adults with Learning Difficulties in Plumstead. Candidates are required to have previous care exerience to enable clients to live their life, their choice and their w... Read More
Registered Manager - Aylesbury
- Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- £28000 - £40000 per annum
- 21 days ago
Our client provides support to children with complex needs in North West Londo Position Available: Registered Manager - Aylesbury, Care Suport, domiciliary and respite, full time, permanent, 40 hours per week, £28-£40kpa Registered Manager An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exper... Read More
Registered Manager - Children (Romford)
- Romford, London
- £42000 - £50000 per annum
- 7 days ago
Our client provides support to children with complex needs in North West Londo Position Available: Registered Manager - Children (Romford), permanent, £42-50kpa, 1 year fixed contract, 37.5 hrs Registered Manager We are looking to recruit a Registered Manager for our mother and baby ass... Read More
Residential Manager - Children and Families (Romford)
- Romford, London
- £42000 - £50000 per annum
- 7 days ago
Our client provides support to children with complex needs in North West Londo Position Available: Residential Manager - Children and Families (Romford), £42-50kpa, 1 year fixed contract, 37.5 hrs Registered Manager We are looking to recruit a Registered Manager for our mother and baby ... Read More
Residential Children's Support Worker
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £9.00 - £10.50 per hour
- 31 minutes ago
Residential Children's Support Worker Location: Carlton, Nottingham Salary: £9.00 - £10.50 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Part time / Days & nights available Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recr... Read More