My client is a family owned Worldwide, award-winning Logistics and distribution company providing a range of collection and delivery services throughout mainland UK. Established in 1997, they operate a large, wholly owned fleet of vehicles providing nationwide and local distribution.
They currently have a vacancy for a European Road Freight Operator. The role is will be remote working (working from home). This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
Providing a valuable service in their operations department, to organise the safe, efficient, and cost-effective transportation of goods. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of the freight industry and have the drive to be successful in this field and, when required, can work well on their own and as part of a team.
Main duties of the role:
- Providing quotations for their customers in relation to freight delivered by road, air, sea
- Develop key service relationships with customers for an effective and efficient service
- Develop effective relationships with overseas agents and suppliers
- Ability to plan a European Groupage Trailer
- Responsible for the Profit/Loss on the service
- Ensure the delivery and or collection of goods across Europe
- Book appropriate transport, to meet requirements of goods to be transported
- Provide complete manifests or delivery notes for use by transport and warehouse staff as required
- Comply with EU and UK regulations and requirements regarding export / import documentation
- Ensure that geographic knowledge is updated frequently to enable efficient and effective use of transport
- Provide assistance and cover in other areas of the operation team as required
- Maintaining accurate administrative records
- Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently
- Any duties/tasks as requested by your Line Manager or a Director
Experience / Skills required:
- At least two years' experience within logistics/freight forwarding field
- Ability to consolidate cargo in the UK, with a good understanding on how to maximise their trailer payloads
- Must be able to plan loads and have had experience with using weights/cubes
- Computer literate - understanding of word and excel, and a keen attitude to learn tailor made systems
- The candidate must be confident and outgoing with excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Driven & ambitious to achieve goals set by the company
- Ability to work under pressure and to be able to prioritise a busy work schedule
- The candidate must be commercially aware and liaise closely with the sales department, be able to negotiate favourable rates and win business for their trade route
- High level of customer service
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
- Ability to work on own initiative
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour per week between 9am - 5.30pm.
Salary and Benefits details:
Salary is up to £30k
30 days annual holiday
Contributory Pension Scheme
Employee Assistance programme
Cycle to work scheme
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available