A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced European Road Freight Operator to join an established and award-winning provider of international logistics and freight services at their new start of the art site in Stoke on Trent. This is an exciting time to join the organisation as they continue to grow and develop their business.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- To operate & control European Export services from our new Stoke on Trent Hub.
- Develop key service relationships with customers for an effective and efficient service.
- Develop effective relationships with overseas agents and suppliers.
- Ability to plan a European Groupage Trailer - ensuring that Trailer is loaded to Maximum Payload.
- Responsible for the Profit/Loss on the service.
- Provide detailed costings and quotations for customers, comparing tariffs and ensuring the cost-effective production of documentation for client perusal.
- Ensure the delivery and or collection of goods across Europe.
- Book appropriate transport to meet requirements of goods to be transported.
- Provide complete manifests or delivery notes for use by Transport and Warehouse staff as required.
- Comply with EU and UK regulations and requirements regarding export/import documentation.
- Ensure that geographic knowledge is updated frequently to enable efficient and effective use of transport.
- Provide assistance and cover in other areas of the Operations team as required.
- Attend regular reviews of performance and annual appraisal meeting with manager.
- Work and fit in with existing experienced team.
- Learn and operate the ''Azyra'' system, book in jobs and be a team player.
Key Skills and Qualities:
- A minimum of 2-5 years' experience in European Operations Line/Freight Forwarding trailer operations.
- Experience of pricing for products/services.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Accurate and attention to detail.
- Organised and able to prioritise.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of factors affecting movement of freight.
- Able to use systems to input bookings, quotations, manifests and other information as required.
- Analyse information, produce reports.
Salary for this opportunity is paying up to £35k, dependent on experience plus 30 days annual leave, bonus and other company benefits. Working hours will be Monday to Friday.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.