My client is a family owned, worldwide award-winning distribution and Logistics company providing a range of collection and delivery services throughout mainland UK. Established in 1997, they operate a large, wholly owned fleet of vehicles providing nationwide and local distribution.
They currently have a vacancy for a European Import Clerk based in their office in Essex. This is a permanent, full-time role.
Main purpose of the role:
Providing a valuable service in their Operations department, to organise the safe, efficient, and cost-effective transportation of goods into the country.
- Develop key service relationships with customers for an effective and efficient service
- Develop effective relationships with overseas agents and suppliers
- Raising a job file once the booking has been taken
- Communicate with clients regarding consignment progress
- Complete day to day import documentation including DEFRA declarations
- Calculate duty/VAT costs for individual shipments
- Co-ordinate with customs for clearance on overseas imports
- Ensure customs clearances are obtained quickly
- Ensure the delivery and or collection of goods across Europe
- Book appropriate transport to meet requirements of goods to be transported
- Costing and quoting clients on a daily basis
- Provide complete manifests or delivery notes for use by transport and warehouse staff as required
- Data entry
- Comply with EU and UK regulations and requirements regarding export / import documentation
- Ensure that geographic knowledge is updated frequently to enable efficient and effective use of transport
- Provide assistance and cover in other areas of the operation team as required
- Attend regular reviews of performance and annual appraisal meeting with manager
- Learn and operate they're in house ''Azyra'' system
- Maintaining accurate administrative records
- Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently
- Full understanding of our ISO/AEO systems
- Any reasonable duty as requested by your line manager or Director
Experience / Skills required:
- Two years' experience of working within an Operations or Transport office
- Import experience
- Ability to work to a deadline essential
- Ability to consolidate cargo in the UK, with a good understanding on how to maximise their trailer payloads
- Must be able to plan loads and have had experience with using weights/cubes
- The candidate must be commercially aware and liaise closely with the sales department, be able to negotiate favourable rates and win business for their trade route
- Good communication skills and high level of customer service
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication and organising skills
- Experience with Microsoft packages
You will work Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour per week between 9am - 5.30pm.
Salary and Benefits details:
- £25,000 to £30,000
- 30 days annual holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- On-site parking
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available