A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Surveyor for construction solutions contractor based in Buckingham.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide support to project teams to review potential engineering surveying challenges and opportunities as requested by the Head of Geomatics or Principal Engineering Surveyor
- Assist project teams in ensuring QA procedures are understood and carried out in full accordance with the Company's IBMS
- Ensure all project level decisions are not detrimental to the Company's objective to work as "One Business"
- Work closely with project engineering staff to ensure the timely delivery of survey, setting out, monitoring and CAD deliverables
- Ensure rigorously adjusted survey control networks are available throughout the project and assist as required
- Carry out design (AFC) model verification, creation, design, installation and maintenance of machine control systems
- Carry out any setting out as required by the project to an appropriate level of detail and accuracy and in accordance with and Company standards and legislature
- Carry out any monitoring, installation and observation as required by the project to an appropriate level of detail and accuracy and in accordance with and Company standards and legislature
- Carry out volumetric reconciliations and take-offs as required by the Project team
- Produce CAD deliverables as required by the project
- Carry out any engineering surveys required by the project on time and to an appropriate level of detail and accuracy and in accordance with and Company standards and legislature
- Carry out utility surveys as required by the project and only when fully trained to do so
- Carry out any other duties expected of an Engineering Surveyor as requested by the Head of Geomatics or Principal Engineering Surveyor
- Ensure as-built records are maintained to an appropriate level of detail
- Assist other members of the Geomatics team with their duties when workload is high at the discretion of the Head of Geomatics
- Assist site engineering staff with their duties when required at the discretion of the Principal Engineering Surveyor
- Ensure field equipment required by the project is stored and maintained in an appropriate manner and in accordance with any Company policies
- Take a proactive approach in mentoring and developing trainee geomatics staff throughout the Company
- Take leadership of small teams of Geomatics staff as required
- Take a proactive approach in achieving the Company's objective of having industry leading Health and Safety performance
- Assist the Head of Geomatics in ensuring industry best practices and new technologies are understood and adopted, when appropriate, across the Company
Essential Skills & Experience
- Must be computer literate
- Must have access and be proficient in the use of CAD software i.e. LSS/N4CE/Leica infinity/iCON Office/C3D
- Must be able to proficiently use a GPS kit/Total Station/Level.
- Must be able to process, reduce and adjust GPS and Terrestrial Survey control networks
- A 'can do', proactive attitude.
- Full driving licence.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Be able to 'Check and Adjust' a Total Station
- Understand coordinate systems / site calibrations
- Must be able to read drawings and specifications.
- Must be able to compute volumes (stockpiles/site wide muck balance)
- Must be able to carry out surveys and generate CAD drawings / testing drawings / fill out ITPs.
- Must be willing to survey, as well as doing engineering (often engineers are not willing to do this)
- LiDAR scanning Awareness and experience
- SSSTS, PTS, CPCS/NPORS
- Certification to use EM survey devices i.e. RD8000 and to fill out permits as per Group Procedures
- RICS, CICES, ICE accreditation.
- Familiarity with Trimble hardware software
- 3D Modelling (Scan to BIM)
- Ability to calculated expected arisings figures
- Understand earthworks strategies.
- BIM awareness
- Awareness and experience in 3DMC i.e. Loading designs, daily checks, controlling construction depths
- Be willing to work for Earthworks Team transitioning to the Build team is required.
- CAA Drone pilot licence
Hours of work are Monday-Thursday 8:30 - 5:30, Friday 8:30 - 4:30, Flexible working options are available by agreement.
Salary for this role starts from £30,000 benefits include 15% bonus, pension, 25 days annual leave & bank holidays.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
- Kent, England
- £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Package
- 28 days ago
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)- MMC Offsite Construction - Northfleet, Kent - up to £50K + Generous pension, 25 days holiday + stats, private medical scheme and life assurance. Company This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within an offsite constr... Read More
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Kent, England
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + + Package
- 28 days ago
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)- MMC Offsite Construction - Northfleet, Kent - up to £45K + Generous pension, 25 days holiday + stats, private medical scheme and life assurance. Company This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within an offsite constr... Read More
Weld Co-Ordinator / Supervisor
- Kent, England
- £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Package
- 28 days ago
Weld Co-Ordinator/Supervisor - Offsite Construction/Manufacturing - Northfleet, Kent - £35K-£45K + Package Company Berkeley Modular is a strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered fo... Read More