Engineering Project Manager
I am recruiting for a niche market leader within food manufacturing, they are a huge investor in people and are going through growth so its a fantastic time to join.
Engineering and Projects Manager
Managing the Maintenance team and production Setters to support production and quality by ensuring the uptime and capability of production machinery and other mechanical/electrical equipment.
Identify project work that will justifiably increase efficiency and ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and Good Manufacturing Practice.
Project manage improvement projects through Concept, Planning, Execution, Implementation, and Validation.
- Ensuring the efficient operation of production machinery and other electro/mechanical equipment by managing the Maintenance team to carry out both reactive and planned maintenance in a timely manner.
- Manage and develop the Maintenance team in line with company goals and objectives.
- Initiate and manage change to manufacturing systems to improve Quality, Efficiency, Delivery and Safety.
- Develop and administer a robust preventative maintenance system.
- Be conversant with the use of risk assessments, method statements and permits to work and manage the use of them both internally and for contractors.
- Responsible for ensuring daily operator machine checks are complete and adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring critical spare parts and supplies are in place.
- Make sure that maintenance contracts are in place for critical plant and machinery.
- Providing mechanical and electrical maintenance information and assistance, when required for engineering projects.
- Preparing mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing breakdown information.
- Maintaining technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Qualified Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineer, preferably to HNC or Degree level.
- Have a good understanding of a wide range of electro/mechanical process machinery, pneumatic tools and conveyor systems.
- Prior experience of managing a team.
- Proven employment record within the manufacturing sector.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook.
- Good verbal and written communication skills within all levels of the organization.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to learning new processes.
- Team player with a 'can do' attitude
Dayshift - Monday to Friday.
For more information please contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.