Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues.
Position Available: Employment and Opportunities Coordinator - Camden, £12.68 per hour, 3-4 months, Temporary, 37.5 hours per week
To provide support to people in recovery from substance misuse with a specific focus on obtaining employment or other activities that maximise the chances of employment, such as education, training and volunteering (ETE). To ensure clients are achieving ETE outcomes within a 12-week support period.
Support is provided through regular 1:1 assessment and goal-focused action planning sessions, as well as through facilitating a range of groups and workshops.
To maintain positive working relationships with referring agencies and ETE providers, as well as networking and brokering new opportunities.
Keeping accurate and up-to-date records of client assessments, action plans, personal details and contact notes on the recording system.
- Experience of providing employment support, guidance and advice to socially excluded groups and awareness of the barriers to gaining and maintaining employment.
- Understanding and experience of substance use and treatment in particular the ability to work with drug and alcohol use, with people who are abstinent or reducing and to be able to work around motivation, risk, relapse prevention and harm minimisation.
- Experience of brokering with employers and employment agencies to create opportunities for socially excluded client groups
- Experience of assessing clients' needs and developing individual action plans with the emphasis on employment, learning and achievement.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the employment market and of working with employers, training and volunteering organisations.
- Experience of planning, facilitating and delivering group work sessions with an employability focus and to teach and coach both clients and volunteers.
- Experience of working in partnership with specialist service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- An understanding of the principles underlying a quality service and participation of clients to continuously improve the service.
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to this and other vulnerable client group(s).
- Ability to be self motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively.
- An ability to be self-servicing in the use of ICT applications and the ability to record client outcomes, assessments and learning and achievement action plans on in-house database, NDTMS and NHS databases.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Project Worker - Complex Needs (East London)
- East London, London
- Up to £12.68 per hour
- 7 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More
Project Workers - Rough Sleepers (Kings Cross)
- North London, London
- Up to £12.68 per hour
- 11 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services for various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futu... Read More