This job description describes the general duties of the post and does not preclude other duties which are necessary for the efficient operation of the department in meeting its objectives. It is current at the date shown above. In consultation with you, it is liable to variation by the Council to reflect actual, contemplated or proposed changes in or to your job.
SECTION: REPAIRS AND INVESTMENT
POST TITLE: ELECTRICIAN
RESPONSIBLE TO: PRODUCTION MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE: TO CARRY OUT REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE ON A VARIETY OF PROPERTIES WITHIN THE DISTRICT
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out electrical work associated with the repairs, maintenance and adaptation of Council properties.
- To undertake all work to a competent recognised standard and current regulation, with minimal risk to the health and safety of all those it may affect.
- Interpret information received from works orders, working drawings and/or verbal instructions, by electronic and manual means.
- Calculate appropriate quantities of materials necessary to complete required tasks.
- Requisition materials from designated stores/suppliers and maintain vehicle stocks as appropriate by electronic and manual means.
- Full range of domestic electrical duties, including repairs and maintenance, design, installation, testing, inspection and certification to current regulations.
- Liaise with other trades as necessary.
- Notify the supervisor of any necessary major variations from the work as stated on the wors order.
- Maintain safe methods of work at all times.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment for the task.
- Report all accidents and/or hazardous occurrences to the supervisor.
- Report all faulty plant or equipment to the supervisor.
- Submit a weekly timesheet, accompanied by appropriate work orders with sufficient information in regard to job duration and tasks completed both electronically and manually.
- To act at all times in an appropriate manner as an ambassador for the Council.
- To participate in the Council's Personal Development Review Scheme.
- To successfully complete relevant training courses and examinations as and when required.
- To undertake activities of a multi task nature, in line with the Council's modern workforce agreement, upon completion of relevant training.
- To adopt alternative shift patterns and out of hours work as required.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks appropriate to the grading of the post
|Flexible (hours and activity)|
|H and S legislation|
|Nvq level 3 am2 certificate and bs7671 (18th edition). Desirable 2391 level 3|
|Must hold full driving license and supply own transport covered by business insurance|
|Supply your own tool suite sufficient to carry out relevant associated tasks. Where applicable, you will need to provide an up to date calibration certificate. This excludes a wall chaser and dust extractor unit which is provided.|
|In date training certificates for the following: Working at Height, Manual Handling, Asbestos Awareness, and Coshh.|
|Risk assessment and safe system of work to be read and understood with signature confirmation prior to start date.|
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available