A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer for a provider packaging solutions based in Gainsborough.
To work as part of the Engineering Team on the Gainsborough Site for our client. Working on Mechanical and electrical machinery throughout the site when required. Safety is first and foremost in your working environment. You will cover all departments and ancillary equipment throughout the site. Carrying out maintenance, repairs, PPM schedules, routine testing, calibration, record keeping, health and safety, participate in improvement project and other tasks as detailed by Engineering Manager.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer are:
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure a smooth and effective maintenance department.
- Always ensure maximum machine availability.
- React to faults and breakdowns as priority.
- Work in line with a PPM Programme.
- Work within a dedicated budget.
- Liaise with external contractors.
- Record and update key engineering data.
- Embed the health and safety culture throughout the department.
- Liaise with operations team regarding maintenance plan and issues.
- Lead or participate in various projects considering current issues/initiatives as a means of improving overall business efficiency.
- Embrace the site continual improvement strategy and partake in projects as requested.
- Meet with Engineering and Operations Management to monitor progress
- Following maintenance work ensure the area affected is left in a clean and tidy state, in line with company hygiene policies. Work in accordance to the company's health and safety policy at all times.
- Ensure effective shift handover
- Source cost effective suppliers of machine parts to assist in cost-saving.
- Carry out Project work as and when required
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Ability to multi-skill between electrical and mechanical tasks
- Knowledge of the flexible packaging industry would be an advantage
- Willingness to participate in CI, 5S and lean manufacturing techniques and practises
- Multi Skilled with Electrical Bias
- Strong emotive control and effective crisis management skills
- Strong knowledge of health and safety
This role will be facilitated on Days until appropriate competency levels are met when the successful candidate will start on a shift pattern.
Working hours are Monday-Friday 06:00am - 2:00pm, 2:00pm - 10:00pm & 10:00pm - 06:00am shift rotates weekly.
The salary for this position is £38,380, overtime is paid at time and a half.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.