A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer at food manufacturer based in Derby.
The candidate will be electrically qualified to 18th Edition wiring regulations plus testing with a mechanical cross skill capability. This is primarily a day shift role, weekend and other out of hours overtime is expected.
Working as part of a team of engineers the role involves fault finding and rectification on a variety of mixing, conveying, check weighing, metal detection, wrapping and carton sealing machines.
The role also involves installation of new equipment as part of our capital investment program in addition to maintaining the site's infrastructure of lighting, ventilation etc.
- To provide an Electrical and Maintenance service on production machinery, systems, and ancillary equipment and factory services.
- To maintain and improve the efficiency and operation of all production machinery and systems finding and resolving root cause issues.
- To ensure the production is supported at all times.
- To continually train and develop to ensure the most effective customer service is delivered and all production equipment and machinery is suitably maintained
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Time served electrician qualified to C&G 18th Edition wiring regulations.
- Experience of working on Inverters, drives, safety systems, contactor / relay control systems as well as PLC knowledge.
- Site uses Allen Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi, Inverters and PLC's
- Candidates will be required to undertake an Electrical Competence Test at the second stage interview and will be given a site tour whilst this is assessed, full feedback on the test will be given after the site tour.
- The successful applicant will have the ability to fault find on 3 phase and work in a food manufacturing environment to support the manufacturing operation.
- PLC and safety circuit fault finding
- Control gear
- Installation and testing experience
- The ideal candidate will have been working previously in a similar environment
- Work as an integral member of the engineering department assist other members of the engineering department as required.
- There may be a requirement to support apprentices who are mechanically trained gain a safe understanding of basic electrical systems, and passing on skills to other team members as the opportunity arises.
Salary for this role is between £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
Standard hours of work will be 0730 - 1630, regular Saturday overtime is required, Out of hours flexibility is essential due to the need for respond to callouts during twilights shift up to 23:30.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £28000 - £30000 per annum
- 25 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer within a packaging and the manufacturer and supplier within the food sector based in Leicestershire. The role as Engineer will have selected responsibilities as determined by the company and shall report d... Read More
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £33000 - £36000 per annum
- 3 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Leicestershire. Responsibilities of the Shift Engineer: Ensure that all equipment is maintained in line with manufacturer's recommendations and repaired when necessary to be available and fit for... Read More
- Lutterworth, Leicestershire
- Up to £14.90 per hour + overtime £22.35p/h, free parking
- 11 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer at leading wholesaler of business products and services based in Leicestershire. The Shift Engineer is responsible for maintaining and controlling all site electrical and mechanical equipment to the highest possible standards of efficiency ... Read More