A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer within a packaging and the manufacturer and supplier within the food sector based in Leicestershire.
The role as Engineer will have selected responsibilities as determined by the company and shall report directly to the Engineering Manager. The Engineer may also be required to assist additional senior management within their given departments that has been initially agreed with the Engineering Manager for the needs of the company and for audit requirements.
The Engineer will conduct the following primary requirements as deemed by the company:
- Oversee full maintenance and repair of all machinery within both packaging sites
- Minimise production downtime for the business and provide solutions
- Work directly with the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager and Technical Manager in advising and enacting any structural or engineering alterations to the company sites
- Oversee all contractors that are required at both sites and to maintain a safe working environment during any contractual work
- Maintain building controls, external and internal building fabrications
- Along with the Technical Services Manager, develop and offer engineering solutions towards health & safety practices within the company
- Become the direct point of contact for any mechanical emergencies and have a planned maintenance system in place
- Promote and deliver training to all production staff where machinery or technology may be a requirement of the packaging process
- Maintain strong site security to include biometrics, SINICA and computer support
- The issue and completion of any permits to work required by the company
- To update and manage the CMMS engineering report system
The Engineer shall also assist to deliver the following in regard to the company vision and success:
- Plan preventative maintenance
- Ensure all equipment has the correct safety procedures in place
- Assist the Technical Services Manager in promoting and maintaining excellent health and safety at work
- Improve quality in the production facility via planned maintenance
- Cost reductions
- Deliver audit assistance from an engineering and maintenance perspective
- Attend appropriate training courses that would be deemed as beneficial to the company's needs from an engineering perspective
- Work on the following equipment: Flow Wrapper, Slitting Machines, Check Weighers, Metal Detectors, Label Printing Machines, Vertical Form Fill & Seal Machines, Conveyor Systems, Hydraulics, Bearings, Motors, Popcorn Popping and Seasoning Machines.
The Engineer must have the following attributes to be successful within the role:
- Professional, driven and possess a highly motivated attitude
- Excellent management skills, people skills and can manage multiple projects
- Maintain excellent communication and representation to all clients
- Are able and available to conduct national and international travel
- Possess a full, clean UK driving license
- Punctual, smart and convey the company culture and identity to a high standard
- Be required to go the 'extra mile' in line with workload capacity and willingness to assist the business
Qualifications & Certifications
The Engineer shall ideally be degree or NVQ qualification in an Engineering discipline's or possess 2+ years' experience within an engineering role.
The Engineer shall also be required to work towards obtaining or refreshing the following qualifications:
- Certified COSHH trained
- Certified as a Risk Assessor
- Suitable Advance Engineering Qualification
- Certified as HACCP trained to Level 2 (as a minimum)
- Experience in BRC or ISO auditing compliance requirements essential
- Working at Heights, Confined Spaces
- Fire Marshall Training
- Forklift counterbalance licence
- Any certifications for engineering purposes that may require re-training or regulatory update within a 5 year period
Working hours shall be determined as 40 hours per week with 1 hour given as a daily unpaid break. The role includes a call out rotation currently of one week in three being on call 24/7. Any activities that includes travel or longer durations of time away from the head office shall be arranged and organised beforehand by the Company Director or HR Manager.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm with rotating 24/7 call out. Salary for this role is £28,000 - £30,000.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £33000 - £41000 per annum
- 27 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Leicestershire. Responsibilities of the Shift Engineer: Ensure that all equipment is maintained in line with manufacturer's recommendations and repaired when necessary to be available and fit for... Read More
UK Engineering Manager
- Taunton, Somerset
- Up to £60000 per annum + plus company car
- 30 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a UK Engineering Manager to join a forward thinking and fast-growing food/FMCG company in the Taunton area. My client strives to be the benchmark for bakery products for trade. They supply to some of the major players in coffeeshops, rest... Read More