Drug and Alcohol Worker
Location: Derby, DE1
Salary: £9.00 - £13.00 per hour
Job type: Temporary ongoing
Hours: Full time / Days (Monday to Friday)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a substance misuse/drug and alcohol worker. This will involve dealing with caseloads and assessment and inputting details onto System one, NHS database.
We are looking to recruit a support worker who specialise in working with client who have experienced drug and alcohol issues.
- Handling case loads and assessments
- Inputting assessments onto the system one NHS database, must have accurate data entry skills
- Overseeing referrals
- Liaising effectively with partnership agencies in order to ensure continuity of care, key working and access to appropriate services
- Undertaking assessments and delivering a range of evidence based substance misuse psychosocial interventions in 1:1 and group-work settings
- In addition, you'll be able to demonstrate excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and be confident in managing your own priorities in order to carry a diverse workload with competing demands
- Just as importantly, you'll have a genuine interest in the understanding of substance misuse problems and a positive recovery focused attitude
- Knowledge of system one, experience of group work and a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or Tackling Substance Misuse is desirable
Overall within this role you will be expected to coordinate the treatment for your allocated caseload, completing care plans, risk assessments and other relevant paperwork to support the service user. You will arrange medical interventions (as needed) and offer psychosocial interventions.
Must have previous experience dealing with case loads and assessments
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.