One of the leading specialists in healthcare distribution has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced, competent and professional Distribution Centre Supervisor to join their dynamic and expanding team in the Slough area. This is a full time, permanent job opportunity.
The Distribution Centre Supervisor is responsible for the daily operational requirements of the depot by leading and motivating all teammates to ensure that agreed KPI's and service level agreements are met at all times. A main focus of your role will be compliance, ensuring standard operating procedures are adhered to and health & safety and transport legislation.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Full, thorough and independent day to day management of Depot.
- Creates a "best in class" environment across all disciplines.
- Responsible for Health and Safety of the team, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times e.g. accidents, investigations, risk assessments and daily checks.
- Ensures compliance in regards to transport legislation for the transport operation, operating within the legislative requirements of DVSA and O'Licence.
- Drives job standardisation to ensure adherence to KPIs, legislation & minimise deviations to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintenance of systems including Verilocation, TMS, Tachomaster and Fleet Check.
- Ability to present and explain comprehensive and robust information in a timely fashion when required, daily, weekly and monthly
- Action computerised vehicle scheduling to ensure optimum effectiveness and completion of customer requirements and service levels.
- Liaise with other Depots or departments within the Company network to ensure operations are satisfactorily completed and also promoting good working relationships to maximise performance.
- Deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Creates an environment where the Customer comes first.
- Ongoing teammate management, engagement and development; appraisals, objective setting, regular reviews, identifying training needs, coaching and developing teammates where appropriate.
- Creates an environment where staff are honest, open, feel equal and valued.
- Ensures a consistent and fair approach through adherence to all HR policies and procedures.
- Is accountable for day to day management of staff, setting objectives, regular reviews and identifying training needs and arranging relevant training
- Must be a UK Driving Licence Holder.
- Working knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation relevant to the workplace.
- Articulate, numerate and computer literate including the use of Microsoft packages and transport operational system.
- CPC or an advanced knowledge of transport legislation.
- Demonstrable leadership and man-management experience and skills.
- Proven logistics background.
- Experience of running multi temperature vehicles.
- Experienced approach to prioritisation of daily tasks and keeping a cool head under pressure.
- Experience in medical/pharmaceutical environment - desirable.
Skills & Education:
- CPC - National and International (desirable).
- Self-management skills as well as leadership of others.
- High standard of communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to communicate, accurately, diplomatically and convincingly, at all levels both internally and externally.
- Computer literate with intermediate level MS Word, Excel and Power Point as well as warehouse and transport management systems.
- Continuous Improvement Skills - e.g. Six sigma and Lean - desirable.
Salary for this opportunity is £30k-£32k plus company benefits.
You will work a 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday with a shift start time of 13:00pm.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!