A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced DC Controller, working for a dynamic luxury houseware design company based in Northampton. You will report directly to the Distribution Centre General Manager and you will responsible for all aspects of operational management at the Distribution Centre.
If you have a flair for operational management and efficiency improvement and want to work in a design-led business, this is the opportunity for you.
- Drive resource planning and implementation to meet business requirements
- Continuously review and develop procedures based on changing expectations
- Employ effective team training and personal development programmes
- Deliver stringent financial controls
- Create simple KPI's to be presented to senior management highlighting costs, performance and compliance
- Consistently drive effective communication across key stakeholder groups i.e. suppliers, customers and team
- Lead internal communication and team briefings
- Conduct meaningful periodic performance reviews
- Control IT platforms, procedures and uptake
- Lead on all aspects of Health & Safety
- Work closely with the integrations team to ensure robust data transferral across several systems and ensure that all application works seamlessly together
Key skills required
- Direct and current experience of a fast-paced distribution centre environment
- Advanced IT skills and early adopter of new technology platforms
- Excellent employee communication, development and management skills
- Sharp knowledge of the end-to-end function of a multi-channel distribution centre
- Ability to identify and implement change management programmes to improve workflow
- Outstanding external stakeholder communication skills
- Ability to understand and uphold integrity of the simplehuman brand
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
Ideal candidate qualities
- Enthusiastic and hardworking
- Responsible smart learner
- Objective and energetic
- Determined and open-minded
- Pro-active, consistently seeking new opportunities
- Highly organised and efficient - driven by priorities and deadlines
- Customer-driven focus in everything you do
- Good humoured team player
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Progressive career development planning
- Free on-site parking
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme and counselling
- Generous friends and family discount scheme
- Free weekly staff lunches
- Free snacks, fruit and beverages
Salary for this opportunity is £26k plus £2k bonus. Overtime is also available.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 9am until 5.30pm, however the business is open to flexible working arrangements.
For immediate consideration apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
- Up to £9.21 per hour + plus overtime
- 10 days ago
Barker Ross are currently looking for Temp to Perm FLT Counterbalance Drivers Monday to Friday . Various shifts avaliable 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm - rotational or 11am-7pm Overtime is avaliable Duties will involve working at a busy Distribution compny based in West Hallam Candidates will ne... Read More
HGV CLASS 1 DRIVER
- Widnes, Cheshire
- £12 - £14 per hour
- 24 days ago
Barker Ross is looking for Class 1 drivers in WA7 Runcorn. The shift start time will be between 05:00 and 08:00. Roughly working 12 hours per shift. 3-5 drops per shift. You will be delivering food products , cosmetics and clothes to distribution centres / shops. Competitive. There is M... Read More
HGV CLASS 1 DRIVER
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Up to £12.68 per hour
- 28 days ago
Barker Ross is looking for Class 1 drivers in DN11 Doncaster. The shift start time will be between 01:00 and 02:00. Roughly working 12 hours per shift. 3-5 drops per shift - NO handballing involved. You will be delivering food products , cosmetics and clothes to distribution centres / s... Read More