A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced DC Assistant Controller, working for a dynamic luxury houseware design company based in Northampton. The role reports directly to a Distribution Centre Controller and is responsible for ensuring that all requirements are fulfilled in the required time. You will be a skilled supervisor or team leader that has flair for efficiency improvement and want to work in a design-led business. You will be flexible enough to stand in and cover the DC Controller as required.
- Assist with resource planning and implementation to meet business requirements
- Continuously review and develop procedures based on changing expectations
- Effectively deliver team training and personal development programmes
- Gather data for simple KPI's to be presented to senior management (via the DC Controller) highlighting costs, performance and compliance etc
- Consistently drive effective communication across key stakeholder groups i.e. suppliers, customers and team
- Lead internal communication and team briefings
- Gather information for meaningful periodic performance reviews
- Ensure all aspects of Health & safety are compliant and adhered to
- Ensure that all IT systems are used correctly, reporting all issues
Key skills required
- Direct and current experience of a fast-paced distribution centre environment
- Good IT skills
- Excellent employee communication, development and management skills
- Sharp knowledge of the end-to-end function of a multi-channel distribution centre
- Ability to identify and report gaps in processes and resources, and give proposals for change
- Outstanding external stakeholder communication skills
- Ability to understand and uphold integrity of the simplehuman brand
- Detail-oriented and conscientious.
Ideal candidate qualities
- enthusiastic and hardworking
- responsible smart learner
- objective and energetic
- determined and open-minded
- proactive, consistently seeking new opportunities
- highly organised and efficient - driven by priorities and deadlines
- customer-driven focus in everything you do
- good humoured team player.
- 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Progressive career development planning
- Free on-site parking
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme and counselling
- Generous friends and family discount scheme
- Free weekly staff lunches
- Free snacks, fruit and beverages
Salary for this opportunity is £22.5k plus Benefits
The working hours are Monday to Friday 9am until 5.30pm, however the business is open to flexible working arrangements.
For immediate consideration apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.