This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As DFMA Manager you will be based in the Technical function but also support multi-disciplinary workstreams across Operations / Engineering / Site Installation. The role represents a key focal point for the business in terms of linking design, manufacturing and assembly by helping develop a Plan-For-Every-Part logic, but will also involve activities to support the ongoing development of our Digitally Enabled Agile Manufacturing (DEAM) platform.
The initial work will cover helping to set up the business' core BIM logic and securing external accreditation, including helping to develop the business' Organisational Information Requirements (OIR) and Exchange Information Requirements (EIR) strategies in accordance with PAS 1192 / BS 19650. There will also be extensive involvement in helping the business map workflows to match the RIBA Plan of Work DFMA Overlay logic, and authoring a digital technical and installation guidance manual reflecting all of the research and development work completed to date (including results of physical testing). Finally, the role will include helping to develop relationships with external warranty provider and preparing materials for submission in order that the business is able to secure Type Approval for its volumetric modular product concept.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Help to map out the technical design workflow against the RIBA Plan of Work
- Take ownership for the authoring of digital technical and installation guides
- Help define the business' quality assurance logic / protocols for dimensional accuracy and tolerance control of piece parts / sub-sub-assemblies / sub-assemblies / assemblies / modules / buildings including critical interfaces with traditional build elements
- Support the development of Plan-For-Every-Part logic as a foundation of the business' DFMA logic
- Help to create Standard Operating Procedures for design and engineering to cover both manufacturing and assembly type activities
- Support the business in terms of securing ISO 9001 / 18011 / 45001 and external BIM accreditation
- Help to develop an Organisational Information Requirements (OIR) and Exchange Information Requirements (EIR) strategies for the business which can be used to measure BIM implementation success
- Help to build relationships with key players across our consultancy partners
- Take ownership of the programme to secure CE marking on the business volumetric modular product concept
- Support the work to secure warranty Type Approval
- Play an active role in the development and user acceptance testing of the DEAM platform
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated in a relevant architectural / technician discipline
- Direct exposure to and management experience of technical development / DFMA logic in an offsite manufacturing environment
- Appreciation of residential development and relevance of RIBA Plan of Work
- Minimum 3 years' experience within technical function of manufacturing environments
- Proficient with 3D BIM environments such as Inventor or Solidworks, and experience of iLogic or similar programming languages
- Exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex manufacturing environment
- Detailed knowledge of the PAS 1192 / BS 19650 frameworks and COBie schema
- Prior experience of securing external BIM accreditation
- Fully conversant with CDM Regulations and other relevant construction / manufacturing industry technical standards
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.