Design & Innovation Manager - MMC Manufacturing - Leeds - up to £70K + Package
An industry leading manufacturer and designer of structural building components with over 35 years in the construction manufacturing industry
As the Design & Innovation Manager you will be predominantly focused on the design, manufacture and supply of fabricated construction products. The role will involve a full review of current product designs and procedures and identification of opportunities for improvement and optimisation in line with current regulations and standards.
- Work with the Design & Production team to create a shared vision for the delivery of the product range, ensuring that decisions are made in the best interests of the Business.
- Support the implementation of a 'Lean' approach translating the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Provide guidance and support at all stages of the project life cycle, from inception to completion providing feedback to all interested parties.
- Ensure that the project / development aspirations and the build requirements are maintained and that the project is delivered successfully
- Establish & deliver the programme of work for all activity. Drive the implementation of lean techniques to drive up the level of process standardisation & control of work improving quality & speed of delivery.
- Review the requirements for Method Statements and Risk Assessment before operations commence for all operatives.
- Develop ideas, manage, and lead projects until they become real products
- Design detailed project plans with engineering, manufacturing, and sales & marketing team
- Manage all aspects of product development and production
- Perform market research to determine what types of products might be successful among consumers
- Research how existing products on the market are performing
- Research product ideas to determine their viability
- Collaborate with engineers and developers to create product designs and with marketing teams to develop sales plans for future products.
You will be an experience Design & Innovation Manager with:
- Strong background in engineering design and project management.
- Knowledge and experience of successful design to British Standards, Eurocodes, Harmonised Standards, EADs, ETAGs, Building Regulations and other relevant industry technical requirements.
- Knowledge of Quality Management, Factory Production Control CE Marking, UKCA, UKNI, EN 1090.
- Experience in testing and development of new products and systems ranging from small scale type testing to large scale structural testing for product validation and approval/certification.
- Ability to read, interpret and write structural and mechanical calculations for the design of new products.
- Solid understanding of structural mechanics.
- Demonstrated track record of successful new product development from concept through to certification/approval and commercialisation.
- Experience in design for manufacture, manufacturing, fabrication, welding, sheet metal.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
CAD Design Engineer
- Leicestershire, England
- £34000 - £37000 per annum
- 11 days ago
Our client is an established specialist engineering services and manufacturing company. Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a permanent CAD Design Engineer for their Leicestershire site. Duties for the CAD Design Engineer role include: designing and producing manufa... Read More
Electronics & Firmware Design Engineer
- Leicestershire, England
- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- 1 day ago
Our client is an international leading manufacturer of special purpose engineering products based in South Leicestershire. Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a permanent Electronics & Firmware Design Engineer. The Electronics & Firmware Design Engineer role is prim... Read More