Deputy Manager & Clinical Lead
Job type: Deputy Manager & Clinical Lead - nurse qualified
Client type: Nursing and Residential
Salary: £43,000 to £45,000 per annum
Hours: Full time - 40 hours a week
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager & Clinical Lead on behalf of our client based in Devon. This job role will involve managing and developing the team in the home in the delivery of high-quality care and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the General manager to deliver agreed actions within approved timescales, as detailed on the central action plan (CAP) and ensure notes are added in Progress sections and updated as required
- To support the General Manager to identify concerns through robust quality assurance (eg. audits) internally or externally generated and agree and implement actions to address same, adding actions to CAP. Ensure lessons learned from QA are shared appropriately.
- Be responsible for maintenance of the clinical governance database and analysis of data, delegating tasks as required in liaison with the General Manager
- Ensure that all residents receive the highest standard of care at all times in accordance with company procedures, best professional practice and the philosophy of care. Monitor and audit care implementation and delivery. Supervise clinical practices in the home and ensure that care plans are person-centred, reviewed monthly and all notes maintained accurately and in line with NMC code
- Assist the General Manager to investigate and resolve/manage clinical complaints, Safeguarding, Duty of Candour, incidents, accidents or contagious illnesses. Ensure outcomes and lessons learned from such processes are shared appropriately in the team and embedded when appropriate.
- Support the General Manager to ensure the Home meets all regulatory and statutory requirements including CQC, fire, learning and development, health and safety, COSHH, employment and compliance with the appropriate Acts. Ensure associated risk assessments are undertaken and recorded at least annually or as required by legislation or regulators.
- Ensure potential residents are appropriately assessed within 24 hours if operationally appropriate, to establish suitability for admission, recording the outcome. Arrange admission, liaising with General Manager, family, GP etc. as required, delegating tasks as appropriate.
- Keep up to date with developments in clinical practice, clinical learning and development and facilitate planned training programmes to clinical staff in the home.
- Provide a robust framework to support clinical supervision to all qualified staff in the home in line with NMC code
- Provide support with the Revalidation process for all qualified nurses in the home
- Support mentors and mentees in line with the NMC code.
- Comply with the accident/incident reporting policy to maintain the safety of staff and residents in the home, following the Duty of Candour requirements. Undertake a RCA of an accident/incident and produce a report for the GM when required
- Good background of working in the older person setting
- Clinical team working
- Clinical mentor
- Supported newly qualified nurses through preceptorship
- Producing well developed care plans
- Clinical Risk assessment
- Safeguarding investigations and meetings
- Sales and marketing
- Investigates and / or chairs grievance and disciplinary processes
- Weekend, Bank Holiday and out of hours working
- Participation in on call rota
Our client offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector.
Must be a registered nurse and have an NMC registration.
RGN Qualifications - would also consider RMN qualification
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please contact Jade on 0115 9418131.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
RGN Nights - Camden
- Camden, London
- £22 - £25 per hour
- 16 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of care and support services all over London. They aim to provide the highest quality care for vulnerable adults. Position Available: Registered Nurse (RGN) - Camden, locum / part time night shifts available, £22-£25ph Role Purpose: As a Regist... Read More