Debt Recovery Officer
Salary is dependent on experience £22,000k - £30,000k
Full Time Debt Recovery Officer Required - Immediate start - Initial 12-month contract but can become permanent for the right candidate.
We are seeking an experienced Debt Recovery Officer or someone in a similar role to take control of our Debt Recovery processes. This is a relatively new role, and the ideal candidate will have experience working as a Debt Recovery Officer dealing with a high volume of debtors. If you have experience of Small Money Claims and other court processes, then this will be extremely advantageous.
You will be required to deal with inbound and outbound calls, write letters/emails to debtors, assess cases, and determine if we have a strong case to pursue the debt etc. Your role will involve contacting debtors and asking for payment, setting up payment plans, negotiating settlements, pursuing debtors through small claims court/online money claims and financial reporting in relation to debtors. You will ensure that cases are progressed effectively, and you will provide advice and guidance on the cases to other colleagues if/when necessary.
We are also hiring two part time helpers as part of the Government Kickstarter scheme who you will have to co-manage and provide guidance and support to.
Please note that there will initially be a high level of admin work at the start of the employment which you will have to perform.
· Proactively take inbound and make outbound calls in relation to debt recovery cases and carry out effective debt collection activity
· Use our ticketing system to keep track of the number of debtors, debt recovered, total debt owed
· Financial reporting of any metrics related to debt recovery
· Carry out financial account activity by setting up payment plans, advising debtors how to pay and negotiating settlements
· Pursuing debtors through small money claims and attending hearings where necessary
· Effectively deal with any debtors that are disputing the debt/amounts owed etc
· Check all submitted cases and ensure we have the required evidence to pursue the debt.
Key Skills Required
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Experience managing business and customer requirements to achieve mutually agreed resolutions
· Great organisation skills
· Experience using computer systems, in particular CRM software
· Experience of small money claims
· Experience working towards targets
· A great work ethic is a must!
Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week between 8am and 5pm with a one-hour lunch break
Free onsite parking
28 days holiday including public holidays
Role will be based in Peterborough
Salary is dependent on experience in a range of £22,000 - £30,000
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Brandon, Suffolk
- £23000 - £26000 per annum
- 14 days ago
Here at Barker Ross Recruitment we are currently recruiting for a well experienced Accounts Assistant to join our clients ever growing teams Monday to Friday 8 AM until 5PM Main duties of the role will be: Dealing with sales and purchase ledger Calculating and checking payments, amounts... Read More
Accounts Receivable - Clerk
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £13.50 per hour
- 7 days ago
Barker Ross is currently looking for Sales Accounts Receivable for a Client based in Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes. Job Summary: To assist the AR Supervisor in the provision of a first-class credit control function is support of the business Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accura... Read More