A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced logistics professional to join a leading distributor of maintenance and repair products as Distribution Centre Section Manager. This permanent role to be based at their Leicester site.
Reporting into the Senior Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading team members working across the distribution centre (DC).
The DC Section Manager needs to champion team members to provide an exceptional customer experience, be involved in process development and standardisation, drive all customer, process and financial metrics. The objective is to drive engagement and develop, create and maintain a culture of
Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
- Proven experience in a supervisory role within a Logistics environment or Warehouse environment.
- Decision making, problem solving skills, moderate level computer skills (Excel/Manhattan), strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A curious mindset, that drives for results and actions in a customer obsessed environment.
- Leadership, coaching, directing work, performance management, staffing, coaching, planning, delegating.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership motivation and managerial skills.
- Ability to deliver high personal performance standards consistently and with a positive approach to tasks and people.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Possess a personal drive to succeed, and to be able to work independently and take ownership of tasks and workload.
- NVQ Level 2 - Team Leading (desirable).
You will work Monday to Friday (days), working a 40 hour week.
Our client offers a competitive salary, plus a 15% bonus, generous holiday entitlement, pension and more.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay or contact Jason Smith on 0116 204654 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Colchester, Essex
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- 1 day ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Logistics and Transport Manager to join a successful, independent logistics and warehousing business on a full time, permanent basis in the Colchester area (Your remit will cover three locations in the local vicinity). This is a Mon ... Read More
- Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Up to £60000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- 28 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Warehouse Manager for a blue-chip company on a full-time, permanent basis in Rochdale. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises... Read More
Transport General Manager (3PL)
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Up to £60000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 5 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ambitious individuals to implement their professional experience as Transport General Manager, with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in West Yorkshire. This is a truly exciting time to join the comp... Read More
Nights Shift Manager (Food/FMCG)
- Park Royal, London
- £35000 - £40000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- 13 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Nights Shift Manager to join a forward thinking and fast-growing food/FMCG company in the Park Royal area in London. Our client has grown consistently and with growth always comes opportunities for those involved. Even with their growth... Read More
Assistant Shift Manager (Nights)
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £25000 - £27500 per annum + plus company benefits
- 14 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Shift Manager (Nights) at a multi-site manufacturer of home baking products based in Nottingham. The role is to support the delivery of the scheduled plan in line with agreed raw material, packaging and labour costs. You will require a... Read More