A great opportunity has arisen for a Customs Controller with a dynamic and rapidly expanding business on a full-time, permanent basis in North East Lincolnshire. This is a truly exciting time to join the company recognised globally as one of the top 10 logistics providers.
It is essential that you have proven Customs experience. Duties will extend to:
- Overseeing all international import/export and UK domestic inbound/outbound deliveries
- Coordination of customs clearance between the customer and internal operations
- Working in line with a pre-advised vehicle slot management schedule and gatehouse booking in procedures
- Interfacing with HMRC systems and monitoring clearance status of shipments
- Ensuring that entries are transmitted to HMRC on time and in accordance with the deadlines set by the customer services and operations teams.
- Coordinating with Warehouse re final loaded cargo status
- Co-ordinating with Market/ Warehouse re final loaded cargo status.
- Producing customs T-form transit documents with correct destinations
- Entering shipment data into CNS/Destn8 system for UK customs clearance
What we are looking for in the ideal Customs Controller:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Confident communicator with a polite telephone manner.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to make considered and consistent decisions.
- Attention to detail is essential alongside the ability for fast and accurate data entry.
- Proactive in your approach to assigned tasks.
- Good knowledge of the road freight industry
Salary up to £28k, dependent on experience, and is based on a weekly rotating shift pattern, 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm and 10pm to 6am
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Ocean Import Operator
- Staffordshire, England
- £22000 - £25000 per annum
- 28 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced Ocean Import Operators, to join a highly professional, well established and rapidly expanding freight solutions provider. You will join a hard-working team in Cannock and form part of the dynamic Air & Ocean department. Main Duties: Rec... Read More