The postholder will play an integral role in the delivery of the Council's COVID19 Local Outbreak Control Plan, working alongside other local authority teams and other key partner organisations to prevent and contain COVID19, which threatens the health of the general population.
This will include telephone interviews with individuals who have received a positive COVID19 test result, and their close contacts. As well as the delivery of effective proactive and reactive surveillance, monitoring and support visits and patrols relating to COVID19 compliance and offences within the legislative framework, using the full range of enforcement powers in a proportionate manner.
The officer will work flexibly in the delivery of this role, responding to the changing demands placed on the local authority in the delivery of its Plan.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Form part of the team of Contact Officers who provide the first point of contact to cases of COVID19. Undertake case interviews using prescribed case questionnaires.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording of information from case interviews using systems provided.
- Escalate and refer challenging or complex cases or incidents and outbreaks of COVID19 to PHE (HPT) etc as per local/regional/national procedures.
- The post holder will be required to work on an alternating rolling shift pattern providing cover between the hours 8.00 am to 8 pm, including weekends.
- As an authorised officer the postholder will investigate complaints regarding poor COVID19 control practices, taking appropriate, proportionate enforcement action where necessary.
- To issue fixed penalty notices, undertake assessments and make recommendations for formal action where appropriate.
- To provide advice and support to businesses on how to operate in a COVID secure way in accordance with Government and sector guidance, including the delivery of initiatives aimed to support and promote good practice and regulatory compliance.
- To work with COVID19 Ambassadors across the borough in support of a cohesive approach to raising education and awareness in communities, based on an intelligence led approach to targeted delivery.
- To undertake such duties as may be commensurate with the seniority of the post
- To ensure that the Council's corporate Health & Safety policy is followed and training is undertaken in all pertinent health and safety procedures
- To partake in the Council's and Directorate's staff training and development policies as well as the Council's system of performance appraisal
- To treat all information gathered for the Council and Directorate, either electronically or manually, in a confidential manner
All employees are required to demonstrate a commitment when carrying out their duties which promotes and values diversity and the equality of opportunity in
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available