An opportunity has arisen for Costing Engineer at a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services based in Coalville
Before applying for this role, please ensure you have at least 2 of the following experience & qualifications:
- 3rd Level Engineering degree or evidence of equivalent
- Proven experience of machine cost analysis
- Proven ability to manipulate data and generate cost models
- Experience of Crushing and Conveying equipment would be a distinct advantage
- Strong computer skills especially MS excel
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges & cultures
Working with the relevant design, manufacturing and purchasing teams and reporting to the Terex Engineering Manager for Crushing chambers, the jobholder will be responsible for providing full cost analysis of each new and existing machine. The jobholder will also be required to identify and execute significant cost down opportunities in fabricated assemblies, bought-in components and machine build efficiencies.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Full cost analysis of existing products including standard Bills of Material, standard and non-standard options
- Support new product development with costing analysis
- Cost analysis / target pricing on all new and modified products
- Provide forecasted costs for all machines using established costing templates
- Creation of standard component engineering / cost libraries
- Analyse and compare welding fabrications with regard to new designs.
- Review all sub-assemblies in terms of materials and labour costs
- Work with the manufacturing and finance teams to identify sectional BoMs
- Will be a key driver in cost down projects in the department.
- Support Product Managers in generating pricing, Price Book updates as needed
- Analysis of Purchase Price Variance and maintain cost trackers
- Identify opportunities for value engineering or process efficiencies within existing as well as new product
- Support the engineering team as requested by the engineering manager
Shifts are Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 5pm and Friday 8:30am - 2pm
Salary for this role is £28,000.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Gravesend, Kent
- £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Package
- 9 days ago
Welding Engineer - Offsite Construction/Manufacturing - Northfleet, Kent - £35K-£40K + Package Company A strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high perform... Read More