A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Control Engineer at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Coventry.
Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained to a fit for purpose standard. Supervision maintenance service procedures and machine downtime is minimised
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist with the set-up and operation of planned preventative maintenance procedures.
- To undertake planned preventive maintenance as required.
- To ensure breakdowns are responded to in a quick and prompt manor.
- To assist with the set-up of emergency procedures for machine breakdowns.
- To understand and operate to defined emergency procedures for machine breakdowns to minimize downtime.
- To recommend improvements to the working processes or equipment where opportunities are seen and undertake or assist with their implementation.
- To co-ordinate feedback on process and equipment improvements to the appropriate authority.
- To ensure assessment and minimization of risks with regard to maintenance issues.
- To ensure all software is backed-up and stored correctly.
- Gain a clear understanding of customer quality standards and operate within audit process that ensure both Customer and Leadec expectations are met.
- To always work in a safe manner complying with any applicable Health & Safety legislation.
- To adhere to Company policy and operate to procedures and work instructions.
- In addition to the duties listed above the Control Engineer is required to perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Maintenance Manager/ Supervisor.
- Work with Maintenance Manager to Analyse downtime and OEE.
- Work instructions available for key equipment.
- To ensure the effectively build and maintain client and suppliers' relationships.
- To ensure Leadec image suitability represents the high standards required by the Company.
- To undertake liaison with customers and suppliers at all levels as and when needs arise.
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcomes change.
- Engages interest and participation of others.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Formal qualifications in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of applicable Health & Safety legislation.
- A demonstrable aptitude to problem solving.
- An ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and to support staff to do the same.
- Computer Literacy to an intermediate standard in Microsoft applications.
- The ability to delegate and supervise contractors.
- Experience in an electrical and/or mechanical environment.
- Experience of operating within an emergency repair situation.
- Experience of handling customer complaints and queries face to face.
- Knowledge of Fault finding/programming ABB robots and Siemens PLC's.
- Knowledge of Fault finding/programming Fanuc Robots
- Ability to supervise Contractors and impart knowledge onto them
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- ABB Siemens Step 7
Regular working hours are 37.5 per week worked on a rotational shift pattern Monday to Friday 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, 10pm - 6am.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
- £40000 - £44999 per annum
- 16 days ago
Our client is a highly successful, market leading, engineering company in Ilkeston, Derbyshire Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work 48 hours per week, working 12 hour Continental shifts (4 on 4 off Days then Nights) Respon... Read More
- Wolverhampton, West Midlands
- £32000 - £38000 per annum
- 8 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Technician at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Wolverhampton. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of all "Hard Service" requiremen... Read More