- To develop excellent customer services and ensure that customers are placed at the centre of service delivery across the Housing Management department.
- To develop and implement business processes that deliver efficient and effective customer services, leading on all service improvement projects linked to complaints and the customer experience.
- To ensure that resident engagement and customer access processes are central to the delivery of customer services, and residents have opportunities to feed into continuous improvement of the service.
- To ensure that the complaints service meets the needs and expectations of all stakeholders and achieves high levels of service-user satisfaction.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and support of the Customer Experience Team in providing a quality complaints service.
- Lead on the analysis of complaints data to identify trends and lessons learnt, ensuring the information is shared internally, externally and used to continuously improve services.
- To identify and eliminate barriers to enhance performance and enable team members and individuals to contribute towards process and performance improvement to ensure first point of contact resolution.
- DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- To continue to move the service from one that focuses on managing complaints processes, to one that provides more holistic customer services and positive outcomes for residents.
- To ensure that quality is embedded across the Housing Management directorate in responding to residents and key stakeholders, working with all teams to deliver excellent customer services.
- To work with other departments and build positive relations and respond proactively to service failures.
- To develop, implement and review business processes that support effective service delivery.
- Identify the need for customer experience training/coaching through feedback from residents and monitoring of general correspondence and take steps to address.
- Contribute customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews to ensure that resident' needs and expectations are incorporated.
- Oversee the regular review of the Housing Management Service Standards, and report compliance to the Housing Management Team and any actions needed to improve performance.
- To consistently and effectively apply the Compensation Policy.
- Regularly review and update the written policies and procedures for the handling of complaints, compliments, informal complaints, MP/Councillor enquiries and compensation.
- Supervise the Customer Experience Team, including monthly 1-2-1 meetings, regular team meetings, annual performance reviews, setting individual targets/objectives and managing underperformance.
- Oversee/co-ordinate responses to Designated Persons, the Housing Ombudsman Service and MP/Councillor enquiries on behalf of the directorate, ensuring responses are of good quality, complete and sent on time.
- Establish and/or attend service-user group to give residents the opportunity to influence and shape the way complaints are handled and to input into priorities.
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues when implementing the Management of Unreasonable Complainants policy, keeping accurate records to support its use.
- Oversee the compensation budget and awards, making sure all payments have been offered in line with the relevant policy.
- Lead on the learning from complaints, including regular meetings with the Housing Management Team, other management/operational teams and resident bodies to identify and discuss what the feedback is saying and how the information will be used.
- Be responsible for maintaining the lessons learnt action plan, providing regular updates for the Housing Management Team and ensuring implementation by relevant service areas.
- Coordinate the annual programme of liaison meetings between the Customer Experience Team and operational teams to develop good working relationships, share the lessons learnt from complaints and discuss how feedback from residents could be used to improve services.
- Produce regular articles for both internal and external audiences on the complaints process and lessons learnt, including the use of case studies to demonstrate effective resolution.
- Monitor all PIs relating to complaints and general customer services; ensuring data is used to identify changes to improve both performance and processes.
- Review all performance reports as required, including informal complaints, compliments, correspondence response times and management reports.
- Work with ICT and the Performance Manager to develop reporting of the compensation budget, ensuring it provides sufficient information to manage third-party contracts and spend to be monitored by department.
- Carry out associated benchmarking activities and report findings both internally and externally, making recommendations for improvement.
- To ensure that GDPR and other all data protection guidance is implemented in managing complaints and general enquiries.
- Work with ICT to ensure that CRM workflows reflect the relevant policy and procedure, and work with Service Improvement team to deliver any changes needed to improve the service.
- Produce an annual report on the customer experience, including formal and informal complaints, compliments and general responses for residents and colleagues.
- Lead on applications for external awards or accreditations to recognise the directorate's approach to complaint handling.
- Have a flexible approach and a willingness to travel to other London offices as necessary.
- There may be a requirement to attend meetings outside of your normal working day for which sufficient notice will be given.
- Carry out any other duties as instructed by the Assistant Director of Business Support that maybe seen as necessary to the post and commensurate with the post grade.
No job description can be entirely comprehensive and the jobholder will be expected to adapt and carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time, on the understanding that they will be within the individual's remit and capability, and consistent with the status and responsibilities of the role within the organisation.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available