Our well established client based in Lincoln is currently seeking an experienced Community Protection Officer to join their team as soon as possible.
With a view to start as soon as possible, this will be a temporary contract for the next 9 months lasting until March 2023. This role is full time hours and will include some district work and so there would be a mixture of office and home working. The pay rate will be £13.50-£15.00 per hour depending on experience.
Please note, in order to be considered for this role it is essential that you have the following requirements: -
- Enhanced DBS clearance
- Experience of enforcement
- Investigation and resolution of complaints including statutory nuisance and basic training in investigative techniques such as PACE, CPIA and RIPA
- Institute of Acoustics Certificate of competency or willing to work towards this
- Report writing skills, statement taking, court skills and an ability to write logically, concisely, and persuasively
Duties of the role will include: -
- Respond to service requests and investigate complaints relating to a range of issues
- Investigate formal and informal enforcement action and where necessary, prepare and serve abatement notices, orders, fixed penalty notices and other similar enforcement tools
- Gather evidence, prepare witness statements, interview witnesses and to give witness testimony in court
- Providing advice to victims and witnesses of anti-social behaviour on our processes and signposting them to support services
- To take appropriate action on dangerous dog complaints
- Respond to service requests relating to animal matters and provide advice
- Add and maintain all necessary electronic and paper records
- Attend and engage in partnership meetings
Please apply with your CV in the first instance or call Barker Ross Lincoln on 01522 551910 for more information.