My client requires a Communications Officer to provide media services and content, for the Brigade and support the Communications Manager in the development and delivery of the communications strategy.
To support the delivery of public consultation events and campaigns, as directed by the Communications Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Assist with the implementation of the Brigade's communications strategy and annual communications calendar.
2. Responsibility for the delivery of the Brigade's media activity, both proactive and reactive, through collaboration with internal stakeholders and ensuring the Brigade uses media to maximum effect, including support of public consultations, community engagement, and campaigns.
3. Support the delivery of the Brigade's communications activities, to ensure that our extensive range of services is marketed towards appropriate audiences, and that our campaigns are delivered appropriately.
4. Build and maintain relationships with the media and partners to support the Brigade in communicating with stakeholders.
5. Drafting and circulating press releases following consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
6. To be responsible for media monitoring for the Brigade including liaising with external agencies to undertake this work if required.
7. Support the organisation's internal communications by writing staff newsletters, attending events and providing content for other internal and external communications, as directed.
8. Develop an understanding of the Brigade's, communications portfolio to ensure that all media activities and internal newsletters support and enhance.
9. Support the Communications Manager to devise and manage an evaluation system for media key metrics, provide regular reports and monitor standards of content, ensuring accuracy, effectiveness and timeliness.
10. Develop, produce and maintain guidance notes to assist staff in producing content and using
11. Develop a knowledge and understanding of legal issues around communications including Copyright and Data Protection legislation, and through consultation with internal stakeholders, ensure that the Brigade's media activities are delivered within the legal framework.
12. Support the communications function by fulfilling communications requests, contributing to campaigns and providing communications support as required.
If you feel this is the ideal postion for you, please send your CV in the first instance....
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Regional Sales Manager
- East Riding of Yorkshire, England
- £48000 - £52000 per annum
- 3 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Regional Sales Manager at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Coventry. Responsible for growing the business through the identification and management of new business opportunities fro... Read More